Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I lodged my Visa application(including wife's) on 6th of June. For my wife I lodged it with her before marriage name(although I include her after marriage name for the question "if she is known by any other name" since she has her PAN card with her after marriage name) . While we are waiting for CO we applied for her new passport with after marriage name and new address and it is still in progress. The passport application has been granted, her existing passport has been cancelled and her police verification for passport is in progress. There is no word about CO allocation yet.

I believe for updating my wife's details on the visa application I would need to submit few forms and I am waiting for CO allocation to let them know this news and ask for the next steps.

Questions -

1. will this create a problem ? Will CO, once assigned, facilitate this change?

2. I have read that such things should be notified as soon as possible to the department. Should I do it before CO allocation? If yes, how do I let them know. Any contact details?

3. Could you point me to the forms that need to submitted to process a name change and passport updates for the already lodged application ?

Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.

Under which document category should I upload the form 929 online?

Since this is under progress, should I inform them about this development now or wait to get the new passport? I just hope they don't come back later and say that I did not inform them as soon as I applied for a new passport.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The CO has got assigned (Yay and worries at the same time)and has asked for uploading the PCC for my wife. I have replied back stating that her passport with her new name is under process. Once, I get the new passport, I will apply for PCC and procure it, No reply from him so far. It has been 4 days.

So questions,

1) Is form 929 sufficient to take care of this scenario (change of passport and change of Name on passport). Is any other form required like 1022 etc?

2) It was replied that I should upload form 929. Under which document category in the immi account should I upload the form?

3) Since right now, I don't know how much time it is going to take to get the passport and PCC how should I give a date to CO. He has asked to revert within 28 days with what he wants. Can I give him a tentative date by which I will try to get the required documents. Do COs usually allow extensions beyond 28 days?

Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for helping me so far.

Good News! new passport for my wife has arrived and I have applied for PCC and should be getting it mid next week.

I have started filling up Form 929 and have bumped into few question for which I am looking forward for help from the forum.

Q2: Applicant's Full Name - Should this be her name as per old passport or new passport ?

Q5: Does the applicant have any Visa application in progress - I have applied for 189 PR Visa. Can you please help me answer what should be "TYPE" and "CLASS".

Q6: At which office was the application lodged - What location do I need to mention. I had lodged this application Online. I have read it in different posts that people have answered this as "Online". However I would like to get this confirmed

Q11: Name as it appears in passport- In her passport Family Name is displayed followed by Given Name. Do I need to mention her name in the same order ?

Q18: Details of other passport held by the application - Should I include the details of old cancelled passport containing my wife's maiden name. Again, I have seen other posts stating it should contain the details of the old passport, however I would like to get this confirmed.

Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Any help from anybody please...

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
Thank you for helping me so far.

Good News! new passport for my wife has arrived and I have applied for PCC and should be getting it mid next week.

I have started filling up Form 929 and have bumped into few question for which I am looking forward for help from the forum.

Q2: Applicant's Full Name - Should this be her name as per old passport or new passport ?

Q5: Does the applicant have any Visa application in progress - I have applied for 189 PR Visa. Can you please help me answer what should be "TYPE" and "CLASS".

Q6: At which office was the application lodged - What location do I need to mention. I had lodged this application Online. I have read it in different posts that people have answered this as "Online". However I would like to get this confirmed

Q11: Name as it appears in passport- In her passport Family Name is displayed followed by Given Name. Do I need to mention her name in the same order ?

Q18: Details of other passport held by the application - Should I include the details of old cancelled passport containing my wife's maiden name. Again, I have seen other posts stating it should contain the details of the old passport, however I would like to get this confirmed.

Thanks

2- New name

5- Skilled Independent - Subclass 189

6- Online

11- name as per new passport, same order, answer 12 with a Yes which will require you to mention previous names and reason/proof of name change (Marriage Certificate)

13- the previous passport is cancelled and is not held now by her. Ignore it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts