Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have a question regarding relevant employment.

My current employment is actually relevant, but I have less than three years overseas work experience. Therefore, in my EOI I ticked NO for not relevant.

Now in my visa application, there is question on page 13:

Employment in nominated occupation
Has the applicant been employed overseas in their nominated occupation or a closely related occupation at a skilled level, immediately before invitation to lodge this application?

When I tick "yes" I can choose from a drop-down menu "Less than 3 years in the past 10 years".

So far so good. I am afraid though, that this contradicts with the information in my EOI where I ticked "No". Another forum member advised me to tick "No" in my EOI to avoid showing evidence, even though I'm not even claiming points for it.

I could avoid all of it by choosing "No" in my visa application, but this wouldn't be truthful information ultimately.

Anyone had a similar situation? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
23,844 Posts
Hello,

My current employment is actually relevant, but I have less than three years overseas work experience. Therefore, in my EOI I ticked NO for not relevant.

Has the applicant been employed overseas in their nominated occupation or a closely related occupation at a skilled level, immediately before invitation to lodge this application?

When I tick "yes" I can choose from a drop-down menu "Less than 3 years in the past 10 years".

So far so good. I am afraid though, that this contradicts with the information in my EOI where I ticked "No". Another forum member advised me to tick "No" in my EOI to avoid showing evidence, even though I'm not even claiming points for it.

I could avoid all of it by choosing "No" in my visa application, but this wouldn't be truthful information ultimately.

Whether it contradicts the EOI or not is immaterial

You cannot give a false statement in the visa application
You have less then 3 years relevant experience and that option is available in the form, so you have to say yes to that

There is nothing you can do about it

The final decision is yours

Cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello,

Hi Dear,
I have a similar situation that I have overseas experience of 10 months(USA), and I am not claiming points for it as that period is deducted by ACS.

Can you please tell me what decision you took for this?
If I select yes- Less than 3 years,
1) then will I have to provide the evidence for that too?
2) PCC is required for more than 1 year duration, so i dont have to worry for it?

Any response would help.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Hi Dear,
I have a similar situation that I have overseas experience of 10 months(USA), and I am not claiming points for it as that period is deducted by ACS.

Can you please tell me what decision you took for this?
If I select yes- Less than 3 years,
1) then will I have to provide the evidence for that too?
2) PCC is required for more than 1 year duration, so i dont have to worry for it?

Any response would help.

As newbienz said you cannot give false statement in Visa application; however PCC will be required even if is a not related occupation.

PCC is for character evolution it is not related to job.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts