Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother and his wife have got their permanent residency but the problem is that the visa has been issued in the wife's maiden name as they have recently got married. How do we now get this changed on the visa grant letter as she wants to change her last name to her married name now.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
760 Posts
As per my knowledge it'd better if they were to change the name in Australia after landing there and for this statutory declaration would be required and they need to update DIAC regarding this.

Thanks.

My brother and his wife have got their permanent residency but the problem is that the visa has been issued in the wife's maiden name as they have recently got married. How do we now get this changed on the visa grant letter as she wants to change her last name to her married name now.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
353 Posts

Thanks in advance
Why is that a problem?

There are other things to worry... packing... finding a job... finding accomodation...

Reactions: sadie_
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.