Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Members,

I am expecting to visit USA on L1 visa for 2 years agreement. However, it is two years agreed assignment between UAE office and USA office. It is also agreed between both offices that I will return upon completion of assignment.

I am interested to continue permanently with USA office after completing 2 years.My local office unofficially willing not to bother me if USA office want to hire me after 2 years.

My concern is, will it be difficult for USA office to transfer from L1 (non-immigrant visa to immigrant visa). Usually, how companies treat their foreign secondment employees who work for 2 years and companies interested to hire them? Is it difficult for US office to change visa category?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
It will all depend on your qualifications and the willingness of the US office to apply for a work based green card. (and sometimes they make promises, but don't carry them out when the time is there!)
What is the categorie you fit in? EB-1? EB-2? ... Permanent Workers | USCIS

If you have an L1A, you can get it for 3 years, with 2 additional 2 year extensions, so 7 years in total.
L1B is granted for 3 years, with 1 possible 2 year extension.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts