Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have two british children and a british partner, do i qualify under the 5 year route of a parent of a british child

·
Registered
39,065 Posts
You just apply as non-EEA partner of a British citizen. Your children have no bearing on your application (they don't count for extra financial requirement).

·
Super Moderator
18,051 Posts
Can you be more specific about what you want to do? If your spouse is British, he or she needs to sponsor you for a spouse visa by meeting the financial, accommodation and relationship requirements.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The form I filled is called FLR(FP) family life as a parent (5 years route). I have British kids and a British partner.I would prefer to apply as a parent rather than as a partner which is (10years route). I have applied as a parent under the 5 years route but the HO sent me a letter to fill out family life as a partner (10 year route), I do qualify on both grounds but I don't understand why HO would ask me to fill out the 10 year route

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Because I'm not married to him. Except if I'm married that is when I can apply for that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I applied as a parent under the 5 year route but the HO wants to push me under the 10year route

·
Registered
39,065 Posts
So you haven't lived together for 2 years? Why don't you get married? UKVI probably feels your relationship is doubtful.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We haven't lived together for 2years. We only have kids together. That's why from the onset I filled the parent of British kids and I didn't include him in my application. So I'm confused and wondering why they are asking me to fill that. I'm not comfortable filling it because that will put me under 10years

·
Registered
39,065 Posts
Just get married and reapply. They clearly think there is no subsisting relationship with primary carer who is presumably your partner. So you live in UK but under what visa?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I live in UK based on being a parent to British kids and my application is in the HO for a renewal

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.