Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Finally I am eligible to get visa, now I need some more info from you people. I am going to move to SA with my wife, She is also software engineer and holds Chemical engineering degree. I know she cannot work on dependent visa.

She has few options
1) She can stay at home and take cares of house( Which we both not interested in )
2) Then she can go for student visa and do MBA from SA. While I m working there.
3) She can also go for opening a boutique. As she very creative and her family already been doing designing.

Now I need to know, what kind of visa will be needed to open boutique there.

Waiting for replies 

Cheers
A

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Now I need to know, what kind of visa will be needed to open boutique there. "

Only her Permanent Residence which may take several months.
until she has that she cannot register a business,register with the reciever of revenue or open a bank account in the businesses name.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now I need to know, what kind of visa will be needed to open boutique there. "

Only her Permanent Residence which may take several months.
until she has that she cannot register a business,register with the reciever of revenue or open a bank account in the businesses name.
:( Thx Daxk

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You could get a temporary buissness visa. To be honest the trouble and expense would not be worth it if she will be eligible for PR in a few months.
I guess we will get PR only after completing 5 years in SA, that will quite a long period.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I guess we will get PR only after completing 5 years in SA, that will quite a long period.
If you are lookng at a buissness visa then the requirment is to invest 2.5 million this can be reduced with the agreement of board of trade. You must also employ 5 South Africans this is non negotiable. You must have a viable buissness plan and proof of funding. I tried this road and it was very long and drawn out.

Possibly a work permit would be the best bet with her qualifications. She could arrange this from in country whilst on dependants visa. I think if she finds work she could have her spousal visa endorsed for working.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you are lookng at a buissness visa then the requirment is to invest 2.5 million this can be reduced with the agreement of board of trade. You must also employ 5 South Africans this is non negotiable.
Oh that is too much for a small business to start :)

I think if she finds work she could have her spousal visa endorsed for working.
This options sounds good...
I'll do some research on this.

Thx Stevan.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Oh that is too much for a small business to start :)

This options sounds good...
I'll do some research on this.

Thx Stevan.
The 2.5 million can be reduced especialy in tourism industry, I think though the sort of buissness you are thinking of would struggle to employ 5 south africans.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The 2.5 million can be reduced especialy in tourism industry, I think though the sort of buissness you are thinking of would struggle to employ 5 south africans.
very true.. but as u said she can get her dependent visa endorsed for working... We will check this option...

If this is possible... it gonna be great option for us.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts