Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well we are officially off to Perth soon, our visa was approved today!!! I will update the timeline site shortly. We applied for a 457 through my husband's new employer in Perth.

Jan. 25, 2010- University submitted nomination application
Feb. 23, 2010- Nomination approved
Feb. 23, 2010- Submitted application for husband, myself (spouse) and our son
March 2, 2010- Application approved.

Guess it could have gone faster if we had submitted on our end sooner, but no complaints here. We did not need to submit medicals or police checks.

Now, we just need to get our visa labels taken care of and then we can reschedule the movers to pick up our stuff. We are planning to fly over at the end of April. Still working on the housing piece of the puzzle, but somehow just knowing we have the visa the rest seems sort of easy :) We'll see....

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Hi Ardie

congratulations. Wish you luck for the move

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Congrats. :cheer2:

The weather end of April is getting cooler (like early Autumn/Late Summer in the USA). Should still be 'sweater weather'. Mainly you'll notice the days getting shorter (gets dark sooner, not cold).

Here's my recommendation for renting. Go to the open house with your employment contract showing your salary. That way they know you have income to pay rent and will be easier to get into your first rental.

Good luck :)

·
Registered
541 Posts
ardie.........
Congrats to whole family on getting Visa.
Wishing all a Good journey
.......................................................................................................................
Applied Visa 175 April 2008 (Paper visa MODL, CSL ,)
Got CO and Medicals July 2009
MEDICALS and PCC finalized July 30th 2009
Job Verification November 10th 2009
175 VISA GRANDED 22nd December 2009

1 - 4 of 4 Posts