Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband just received his visa today!

We applied under Category F Self Employment from the US. This obviously meant it was my self employment income. We also had to determine what docs the UK would deem as reasonable equivalents to what is stated in the Annex FM Section FM.
It was a long and stressful process to say the least so I hope by posting our list of docs submitted someone else will be helped out!

Teeny bit of background:
Husband and I met in Scotland, have been married 18 years, have two children (16+14) who have dual citizenship US/UK, we've lived in Scotland as family on a few different occasions (husband even had residency at one point) but when we decided to return for good this time we had to go through this visa process.
Both my husband and I are self employed in separate careers. He is a novelist and I design knitwear! Obviously it was under my income that we had to apply. A big part of my income is selling digital downloads of knitting patterns that I have designed. My payments come individually and are processed by paypal.

Applicant:

- complete online application form
-APPENDIX 2VAF4A (with health surcharge number on front)
-biometrics letter stamped
- Two passport photographs
- introduction letter
- employment letters from husband's publisher and from a part time program he teaches at (both things he will continue to do while living in the UK)
-CV
-previous passports
-suggested travel itinerary
-copy of bio page of spouse

Sponsor:

-Sponsorship letter
-Tax Return for 2014
-12 months bank statements for our joint account not stamped but with a letter from our bank to accompany them.
-12 months of payments from two separate paypal accounts for financial year of 2014 (this was a lot of pages but no other way to show amounts paid).
-1099's for both paypal accounts
-Certified letter from accountant
-Unaudited accounts for 2014
-Social Security statement (to show evidence of ongoing self emplyment)
-statement of accounts from IRS for 2014
-3 letters of support from companies that I receive ongoing royalties with

Accommodation:

- tenancy agreement which is in my name with a supplementary agreement from landlord that my husband can live there if visa granted
-letter from letting agency confirming above.

Marriage and relationship:

- marriage certificate
-copy of tax form 1098 showing mortgage in both our names
-12 photos of us and kids spanning last 18 years
-copies of kids birth certs and UK passport bio pages

Our pile of docs was pretty thick and it would have been ridiculous for us to make copies of everything. The only original doc we sent in other than my husband's passports was our marriage certificate so we copied that.

Hope this is of some use to someone!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Our Category F documents look similar. I feel relief looking at yours!
We sell items online and in a brick and mortar shop. We collect income from a few online sites including via paypal. The paypal documents were massive.
We had our bank statements stamped, and the year to date statement of accounts notarized by our bank. ( proof of his ongoing self employment) We also had to include licenses and proof of sales tax payments made.
We also did not send an additional copy of all documents but indicated if need be they could keep the online printed bank statements, Etsy Account statements and Paypal account history.
He does have a job offer in the UK too, so we should be ok.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like you'll be more than fine! I was worried about sending in all the pages of paypal statements but it's the main way I am paid!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hope you're settled in nicely by now! I finally got mine :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.