Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys I am starting this thread to get help on
Jobs and the process : It includes the interview process, Resume preparations, Market talk, Technologies, Cover letter help, Success and failures in the Interviews

Accommodation:
This includes discussion on the accommodation for bachelors, family, area, Price and the search methods etc

Travel & Stuff:
Things that need to be discussed for the travel and the experiences after the travel can also be discussed to help the other guys who are about to start their journey.
This can include the experiences of the Flights, Airports, Fares, After reaching Australia and other stuff.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Jobs and the process : It includes the interview process, Resume preparations, Market talk, Technologies, Cover letter help, Success and failures in the Interviews

Accommodation:
This includes discussion on the accommodation for bachelors, family, area, Price and the search methods etc

Travel & Stuff:
Things that need to be discussed for the travel and the experiences after the travel can also be discussed to help the other guys who are about to start their journey.
This can include the experiences of the Flights, Airports, Fares, After reaching Australia and other stuff.
Good to start this ..., I am planning to move in Jan 2014

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Reactions: shyam

·
Registered
447 Posts
Hi,

It's little bit early for me to join this thread since I am still waiting for CO. Anyway, joining the discussion with my friends :wave::wave::wave:

·
Registered
248 Posts
Still haven't decided on a moving date. Anybody applying to jobs offshore?

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Dear alihasan,
Though, It is hard to get a job without landing oz land, Keep trying off-shore job hunt and share your experiences here. :)

·
Registered
2,576 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts

Accommodation:

Travel & Stuff:
This can include the experiences of the Flights, Airports, Fares, After reaching Australia and other stuff.[/QUOTE.

Hi,

I want to join this discussion, as I am planning to move to oz in Feb 2014.

Thanks

·
Registered
248 Posts
Dear alihasan,
Though, It is hard to get a job without landing oz land, Keep trying off-shore job hunt and share your experiences here. :)
Going to work on the resume first. I fear it will be really difficult to break into the market since I am still quite junior in the industry :-(

·
Registered
192 Posts
I think its better to be in Australia for job search...however there is no harm in applying jobs online while you're outside.

Best of Luck!!

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Going to work on the resume first. I fear it will be really difficult to break into the market since I am still quite junior in the industry :-(
Every one is junior after landing oz land as local experience is zero! :p

·
Registered
248 Posts
I think its better to be in Australia for job search...however there is no harm in applying jobs online while you're outside.

Best of Luck!!
Thanks mate.

·
Registered
248 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Every one is junior after landing oz land as local experience is zero! :p
I agree. My friends in Australia said almost all the companies would ask for local experience. This makes getting the first job would be difficult.

However, it depends on your profile, like the company you worked for and the Client you have dealt with.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Best of Luck!!
I heard Australia has enough jobs on .Net and SSRS technologies.
In my friends company, two guys joined from Singapore and their interview was over telephone.

So I guess it ok if you can convince the companies to have a telephonic round first. Impressing over Telephone is tough though. :(

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Haha. Dunno if I should feel happy about this :p
Alishan,

From your signature i learnt that you are from Civil background.
Do you have any contacts who are working in Civil Engineering.

Getting a job in Civil industry in Western countries is not an easy job. Its same for the Doctors.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Alishan,

From your signature i learnt that you are from Civil background.
Do you have any contacts who are working in Civil Engineering.

Getting a job in Civil industry in Western countries is not an easy job. Its same for the Doctors.
In addition to this, I would suggest to collect references from local people with same background. And referees know you well.

Another important thing is, enlarge your network through social media especially Linked In. We can share each others Linked In profile from here expat forum.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts