Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
My fiance received an email yesterday saying:
"Your visa will be despatched shortly. Passports can normally be collected from the Visa Application Centre after 3 days. Applicants in Australia and New Zealand should allow 3 days before tracking their documents via the local post. UKBA-Manila Visa Hub"

Am I right in thinking that the visa will be dated from about now, or is it possible that it won't start for a few weeks ?
I ask because if it IS dated from about now then we'll have to change our wedding date as that was the end of March 2014 and the 6 month visa would have run out before then...

I'd really appreciate any advice as need to change the date asap if necessary, but don't want to change it unnecessarily.. :confused:

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
My fiance received an email yesterday saying:
"Your visa will be despatched shortly. Passports can normally be collected from the Visa Application Centre after 3 days. Applicants in Australia and New Zealand should allow 3 days before tracking their documents via the local post. UKBA-Manila Visa Hub"

Am I right in thinking that the visa will be dated from about now, or is it possible that it won't start for a few weeks ?
I ask because if it IS dated from about now then we'll have to change our wedding date as that was the end of March 2014 and the 6 month visa would have run out before then...

I'd really appreciate any advice as need to change the date asap if necessary, but don't want to change it unnecessarily.. :confused:
Did you request a specific start date in your application? If not, chances are the visa will be dated for a few days ago. You should have it in your hands shortly, so to know for sure you will have to wait and see what it says.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thanks for replying !

We gave them a wedding date in April 2014 and a proposed travel date in November 2013, but I don't know if they take any notice of that ?

I guess we'll have to wait and see and just hope we're still able to change and re-book things once we know...

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
If you listed a proposed travel date of November, they may have given your visa a start date in November, but once in a while those get missed and your visa gets issued valid from the date they post it to you.

·
Registered
533 Posts
When I applied last July, I gave a proposed travel date at the end of Aug and that was my entry date UKBA gave me.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for replying - I was doubting the UKBA unnecessarily as it turns out. Our visa starts in November (phew !) so all is well..

·
Registered
533 Posts
FlyingSlug said:
Thanks for replying - I was doubting the UKBA unnecessarily as it turns out. Our visa starts in November (phew !) so all is well..
Oh congrats, Nov will be here very soon!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.