Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it's been a while since the last time i wrote. I was so busy coz job; thx god my visa was granted on may this year (after almast 3 years of waitting). I had to go to OZ in august to activate it.
I went to Melbourne and Sydney; and i loved both. I think I like Sydney more, the weather in Melb is so crazy but nice too.
I was shocked when i saw there are not a lot of people... here in Mex is so crowded, so when i arrived to Melb I asked to myself "Where is everybody?¡¡¡" :p
I'm planning to move there next may. I'm so excited and so nervous as well.

I was there 2 weeks only and i felt lonely. I think thats the hardest thing that i'm gonna face. But this change is necesary.

Well, right now gotta back to work. I just wanna share these news with people that really understand what get the visa granted mean. lol

Saludos¡¡¡

·
Registered
283 Posts
Congratulations for your visa grant!!!
please share your timelines, and in which categories you had appreared?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi mohit2903.

I do not remember exact dates (i do not have my time line on this lap top) but I can tell you that i started the process on june 2006. It was on sept 2008 when i got into migration office and i got the visa grant letter on may 2009... ummm.. no.. i think it was really on march, yea it was on march; thats why my limit entrance was on august. I have the permanent resident visa, so i went to activate it and i'm planning going back next may.

What about u?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Thanks for the info... i am waiting for the CO..
I fall in non-csl/modl category. So dunno how much time it will take.....

So were you from MODL or SOL category?

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Congratulations.... 3 years is way toooo much time, as long as you got your visa and liked the place you are mooving to, I would say its worth it.

Good luck and keep us updated.

Cheers

·
Registered
272 Posts
Hi,

Congratulations!!!
:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

When you move luck for a Mexican club!

Are you taking a family with you or is it just you?

Good luck with your move!!!

Best wishes,:plane::clap2::clap2:

Busyte

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Congratulations! :clap2:

The three years will be worth it! In total from application to moving over was nearly 5 years and it was sooooo worth it! Best move we ever made!

Good luck with your move and let us know how you get on!

Regards,
Karen

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
hey

congratulations. good luck with your move and do keep us posted on how you manage jobs, ur initial days, settling down, good byes, yada yada.

cheers
anj

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hola, Uligargon!

I lived in Mexico City for a few years. That is one crowded city.

Considering that the entire population of Australia is only slightly larger than the population of the Mexico City metropolitan area, I can imagine that your experiencing some wide-open-sidewalk shock. :)

Best of luck in Oz. Congratulations!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi uligargon, congratulation on your visa grant.
Btw, austimeline website has been down for sometime now. Is there any other website that has the same purpose as austimeline?
I think it is good for somebody to see the progress of other applicants to see how the progress on each Visa category.

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
we have a timeline thread in the forum, else you can google beupdate, it is the same as aussietimeline

·
Registered
541 Posts
uligargon.......

Congrats on getting Visa 175.
I think you liked Australia in the first visit itself.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts