Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

I need urgent help. Lawyers are mostly closed over the weekend. so I would really appreciate if someone can help me

I have a 2 weeks meeting/training in USA starting from 1st June 2015. I was looking on USA visa website and I think I need "B1 Business/Conference Visa ". I am not sure if this is correct but can some one please help ?

Also I have filled the DS160 form but not submitted yet. I am also getting these documents with me

1 - Passport
2 - CV
3 - Employer Letter
6 - DS160 confirmation

Do I need anything else ?

When I try to book the interview date, it ask me to choose the date of pickup and then it gives me "first date of appointment" .. Is this the interview date or just documents pick-up date ?

I would really appreciate if someone can answer asap

Regards

Mohsin

·
Banned
6,189 Posts
You've marked yourself as (apparently) a citizen of the United Kingdom. As such you would be eligible to travel to the United States without a visa (Visa Waiver Program/ESTA) for a business meeting. Have you looked into whether the nature of your trip qualifies for the VWP?

·
Administrator
49,801 Posts
Actually, shouldn't your employer be organizing whatever visa you might need for this trip? (And, as BBC says, you may not even need a visa if you have a European nationality and can take advantage of the VWP/ESTA program.)

If you do need that visa, businesses generally have better access to the Embassy than individuals do. Plus, they have the legal staff or contacts to handle the worst of the paperwork.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi

Sorry there is a little bit confusion. I am not a citizen of UK. I am living and working in UK....

My employer has asked me to do it myself and they will pay for the cost...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts