Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I wonder if anyone can help. I am a PR and have recently been offered a job in Australia. Im planning to take my defecto partner and our two daughters. However they are not PRs nor are they citizens. I was wondering if anyone could advise a best/quickest way to get them visas so we can all move together? I read that visa 810 for families (applied outside Australia) can take up to 18mths to proceed).. any help would be really appreciated...

Regard,

Chaz

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
I assume your PR visa is still valid? As in, the entry rights haven't expired yet?

As for your family, the quickest approach would be to start immediately by applying for a 309/100 visa as it takes as long as the 820/801 visa. That wouldn't give them entry rights, so they'd need to also apply for a visitor visa so that they could accompany you to Australia.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks, Maggie. Yes my pr is still valid. Ok i will likley follow your advise and apply the temp visa for them. In the mean time she can just travel between where we are now and australia with a visitors visa? Providing that she can still travel once an application has been lodged.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts