Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Brazilians can stay up to 6 months within any one year period in the UK without a visa.

My girlfriend visited last year from June-December (just under 6 months).

She is planning on visiting for a couple of months soon.

Can she come in November (less than a year since her exit) or will she have to wait until December (a year after her exit)?

Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello,

Brazilians can stay up to 6 months within any one year period in the UK without a visa.

My girlfriend visited last year from June-December (just under 6 months).

She is planning on visiting for a couple of months soon.

Can she come in November (less than a year since her exit) or will she have to wait until December (a year after her exit)?

Any help is appreciated!
I am not an expert when it comes to the six-month in twelve, although from my reading of what you said, she would plausibly be allowed to come whenever. (e.g. it is a year from June 2016 > Dec 2016) and then 11 months have since elapsed. So currently she has been here for 6/15 months, which is allowed under the rules. Again, I'm not qualified to give such advice so that is just an opinion.

How long is she planning on staying here on this trip?

I'm making some presumptions here is the nature of her stays in the UK, she's stayed for six months before, which is the limit for the Tourist Visa but one that is frowned upon up to unless you have a very good reason. Did she apply in Brazil for the tourist visa with full disclosure prior that she might be here for such a long period? (Or state to the clearance officer at the Airport she would be here for so long) If so, that's fine and there's nothing to worry about.

But the Immigration Officer at the Airport might suspect that she's staying here for so long (essentially 'living' here) and be more sceptical of allowing re-entry into the UK. You don't want to get into the territory of coded landings, especially if the relationship subsequently develops to fiance/marriage. It isn't the end of the world (I've had this problem too) but is very stressful.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks for the reply!

She's not coming here on the tourist visa, she has a place at an English language school and she is going to get a student visa for this, so I just wanted to make sure that her visa wouldn't be compromised by her past visit :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.