Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Have just discovered this forum and think it may be invaluable in the future! My husband is moving to Dubai at the end of July for work. He's going to be working for a UK estate agent on a commission only basis. As this is obviously a risk, I'm going to stay in the UK for 6 months, and only then will I join him. As he doesn't have a base salary, he's not able to sponsor my visa for residency. My question is, if I book a one way flight, will I be allowed in the country? Or should I book a two way flight and then just do Visa runs to Oman every month? When I'm there, I plan on getting a job so would only need to do this for a few months max. Does anyone have any experience of this? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!
Many thanks!

·
Super Moderator
Originally from UK but lived in many countries
7,073 Posts
Hi,
It is not necessary to have a return flight when you arrive here on a passport from a country that has visa on arrival (British passport, for instance).
Visa run to Oman is fine after each 30 day visit visa runs out.
If your husband is coming here to work as commission only estate agent - make sure he has plenty of savings - as he wont really be able to earn much initially and the start up costs when you first get here are very high.
Cheers
Steve

1 - 2 of 2 Posts