Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we're just setting out to apply for a spouse visa. Both in the UK no dependants.

I'm British the missus is Aussie.

First hurdle! The fee guidance booklet says £851 I then download the form M ready to fill in and it says £1051 - which is it?

Secondly does the missus have to do the biometric thing?

Thirdly do Aussies have to take the English test thing?

Any help appreciated

·
Registered
558 Posts
I recently applied for Fiance visa On Oct 1 and paid 1401 USD total! unless they changed the fee again i'm not sure.

Everyone need to have biometric which can be done at the time or submission of documents.

As far as i know aussie doesn't need and sort of english certificate as their 1st language is english?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies.

She is going from youth mobility to spouse.

So I'm guessing I tick the sole applicant box ignore the £1051 and put £851 in the fee to be paid box?

I just don't want to submit it and fall at the first hurdle!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hello Benjay,

The spouse visa fee is still 851 GBP (for applicants overseas). The application form you will be paying for/submitting is VAF4A if you are applying from outside the UK.
The form M is for marriage/settlement (people already living in the UK and are applying for further live to remain and such people were previously granted a visa, etc) and that is £1051.

I recommend you to apply until you are sure you cover everything and have all the supporting docs secure. There is a lot of information you need to find out first. Otherwise you may fail and the money paid is nor refundable.

This is just my advice, but also please wait for other comments.

Good luck with everything.

·
Registered
39,079 Posts
As she is here on Tier 5 YBS visa, there is no need to return home and apply there. She can 'switch' to leave to remain as partner (spouse) here. You have a choice of postal application costing £578 or same-day premium service at £953 which we strongly recommend. Postal application can take 1-2 months or more, you are left in a limbo and your wife cannot leave the country as her passport is with Home Office. There are several threads of people doing same-day in-person application, some of whom have switched from Tier 5 to partner/spouse so do a search. The form you complete is FLR(M).

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Joppa - thanks for that. That form makes more sense and is obviously cheaper!

You suggest applying in person?

If we apply by post will she still be able to work whilst it's being processed?

·
Registered
39,079 Posts
Yes she can as her visa conditions will continue to apply until the application is processed, even if it goes beyond the Tier 5 expiry.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well thanks for your help I would have filled the wrong form and sent too much money!

Glad I asked.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.