Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Please help me understand that if the VISA fee for self and dependent under 189 can it be paid with 2 different cards or in 2 separate transactions?

Difficult to get this much credit limit specially when applying with 2 dependants.

-Pk

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi All,

Please help me understand that if the VISA fee for self and dependent under 189 can it be paid with 2 different cards or in 2 separate transactions?

Difficult to get this much credit limit specially when applying with 2 dependants.

-Pk
No, you have to pay in single transaction. Better if you have any friends/relatives in Australia, ask them to pay. Otherwise, in India usually we don't have that much credit limit in credit card. All the best for your VISA payment. :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi All,

For applicants who do not have sufficient limit in their credit card, please follow these steps. I did these and submitted the fees of 7040 AUD for me & family without any hassles.

Visit your nearest Thomas Cook foreign exchange office in your city with a
1) Photocopy of your passport
2) Print of Visa invite letter from DIAC
3) Cheque for payment.

They will calculate the amount for which the Cheque has to be written. The conversion rate will be approximately 4 to 5 rupees per dollar higher than what you see in foreign exchange websites like XE - The World's Favorite Currency and Foreign Exchange Site because those rates are wholesale exchange rates when banks deal millions of dollars. However retail rates are always higher than wholesale rates.

You will be given the receipt for the payment after a couple of forms are filled and cheque is given.

You will receive a borderless prepaid multi currency Master card issued by Thomas Cook. Once your cheque is cleared your prepaid card will be loaded with AUD of your requested value.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts