Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello friends,

I need to pay AUD 3520 fee using credit card. But unfortunetly, my credit card is not having that much credit. (It's around 70k Rs)

So how can I pay visa fee? What are the options available to pay the visa fee?

Please guide me in this matter.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi,

I too have the same issue. The total Visa fee is around 7000 AUD for my entire family and my credit card limit is less than half of it. Card issuing bank wont enhance to twice the current credit limit.

Can we use prepaid travel cards like Thomas Cook and load Australian currency?

This will also avoid international transaction charges levied by Indian credit card issuing banks. Currency fluctuation worries can also be eliminated.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Guys...........

There is nothing to worry, i have done the payment of 3060+1530 = 4590 AUD.

Going by travel card is not easy as banks would normally ask for valid visa, unless you have some godfathers it will not work..... :)

The simple way through which i have done payment is as below.

1.Open FD with ICICI bank or any other bank.
2,Bank will provide FD linked CC on the spot which would be activated in 2 to 3 days max.
3.The credit limit on the CC would 80% of the FD and that's how it works
4.I opened FD of 3.6 lakh and got CC limit of 3.1 Lakh approx.
5.Next is the payment which you can do it by cancelling your FD... :)..... and your CC wld be blocked as well...... since this is FD linked CC....

hope this helps.....this is the best way and secure one... the only thing is you need to keep the liquid cash in your bank to open FD...... :)...... which you shld be having anyhow..... :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi,

I too have the same issue. The total Visa fee is around 7000 AUD for my entire family and my credit card limit is less than half of it. Card issuing bank wont enhance to twice the current credit limit.

Can we use prepaid travel cards like Thomas Cook and load Australian currency?

This will also avoid international transaction charges levied by Indian credit card issuing banks. Currency fluctuation worries can also be eliminated.

I paid 6120 AUD using Axis bank travel card. It is the travel card provided by an authrorized dealer/agency and not the bank. I tried through ICICI Bank and Axis bank . But they had diffeent conditions like one should have flight ticket , a lot of verification etc...

This agency 's dealing was too simple.. They came with a card to my office ..
I gave them cheque wiht equivalent indian money . They cleared the cheque same day and card is loaded wiht money same time.

They can give you Axis bank or HDFC bank travel card, whichever we need.

Hope this helps !!

·
Registered
628 Posts
Hello friends,

I need to pay AUD 3520 fee using credit card. But unfortunetly, my credit card is not having that much credit. (It's around 70k Rs)

So how can I pay visa fee? What are the options available to pay the visa fee?

Please guide me in this matter.

Thanks in advance.
I also had the same issue. I made a payment of AUD 5355 using my friend's credit card. This was the first installment. If the visa is approved, I have to pay AUD 4250 for my wife as she is unable to clear IELTS and does not have a great educational background.
I tried using my international debit card but it did not work.

I think CC is the only payment option.

Regards
Amit

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.