Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

can someone please guide me on the Visa fee payment method?

can i do the payment through Debit card, as my credit card limit is less and i cannot pay the visa fees with my credit card.

Please let me ASAP.

·
Registered
965 Posts
most debit cards wont have that single transaction limit.
PM me

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
106 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
There is s simple way.....

Open the FD with any bank
Get the 80% of FD amount as credit card limit (instant)

Once the visa amount is paid, you can cancel the CC and pay the CC amount using FD

When you cancel the FD, the CC get's blocked automatically...

In my case i opened 3.6 Lakh FD and got CC with limit of 2.9 Lakh
i cancelled the FD and paid the CC amount......

So...... go ahead with this approach.... :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi, I am applying from Pakistan, and have a friend living in Australia.

Can anyone guide me if i can get my friend to pay for my visa fee through a cheque or bank draft from his NAB bank account. Will that work? If not, can i use his NAB credit card to make the payment. The idea is to avoid the wastage in forex conversions, etc.
Thanks.

·
Registered
62 Posts

Can anyone guide me if i can get my friend to pay for my visa fee through a cheque or bank draft from his NAB bank account. Will that work? If not, can i use his NAB credit card to make the payment. The idea is to avoid the wastage in forex conversions, etc.
Thanks.
Just send money to your friend bank account by TT from anywhere, it will cost u max 2000 pkr, and you can use the debit card of your friend account, it will work, I personaly use the same method. This is cheapest and easy method to pay visa fee from pakistan if you know someone in aus having bank account and debit card.

189 263111 (Computer Network and System Engineer), IELTS: 6 each 23/Jan/2015, ACS applied 29/Jan/2015, ACS Positive Outcome: 05/Feb/15, EOI Submitted(60 points): 05/Feb/15, Invited:27/Feb/15, Visa Lodgment:05/Mar/15, PCC: 05/Mar/15, Medicals: 10/Mar/15, CO Allocation: Direct Grant, Grant: 24-apr-2015

·
Registered
737 Posts

Thanks.
I think your friend's Aussie Credit Card is the best bet. India / Pakistan credit cards charge a lot of fees I guess.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just send money to your friend bank account by TT from anywhere, it will cost u max 2000 pkr, and you can use the debit card of your friend account, it will work, I personaly use the same method. This is cheapest and easy method to pay visa fee from pakistan if you know someone in aus having bank account and debit card.
Thanks Jimmy n JK.
What i get from your replies is that my friend's debit card would work. The issue is he does not have enough limit on his debit card to make the fee transaction. He currently does not have a credit card, but he can get it made. I think there are additional charges involved in aus for making transactions with credit card. So, just wondering if his bank cheque or bank draft can get the fee paid as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts