Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Just a quickly update that my visa was failed to do the 'in person' service due to missing the police certificate. They said that no matter that particular officer is on holiday and you got over 2 years to arrange it, I'm initially bleach my tier 2 visa.

The lady officer advised that quickly go to get one with an explain letter and why I didnt arranged it within 7 days once I arrived. How silly & stupid to put myself in this situation!!!!

So I going through what i need to arrange for the post, surely will be exactly the same documents and the wowan say that no need to arrange the copy and is it true? Moreover, do I need to send the original passport of my boyfriend?

Many thanks x

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, i had managed to gwt hold the appointment at croydon on tuesday now so hopefull that officer can issue the police registration on same day. Finger cross xxx

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BailyBanksBiddle said:
Have you had any progress? Best of luck to you!:)
Oh well, went to the in person appointment today bur the system is down today so cannot decide today. Ukba will call within this week for the result. Just feel like been ripped off by the extra charge for premium service which they could not provide 😔

·
Registered
168 Posts
Oh well, went to the in person appointment today bur the system is down today so cannot decide today. Ukba will call within this week for the result. Just feel like been ripped off by the extra charge for premium service which they could not provide 😔
Crumbs! I hope you get your visa (and maybe some kind of compensation for having spent your time and money)! Hang in there.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Same from me-I hope they are able to make a determination for you very soon! Did the person you talked to at the appointment today give you any information, like a phone number to call if you don't hear from them by Friday?

I'm so sorry to hear this hasn't been settled, I'm sure you must be terribly anxious!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Same from me-I hope they are able to make a determination for you very soon! Did the person you talked to at the appointment today give you any information, like a phone number to call if you don't hear from them by Friday?

I'm so sorry to hear this hasn't been settled, I'm sure you must be terribly anxious!
Thx..the woman just daid that if u havent heard anything from them until monday, just call the hotline...nithing really great help and hope can have the result before Friday. Now jyst keep looking on my phone:(

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thx..the woman just daid that if u havent heard anything from them until monday, just call the hotline...nithing really great help and hope can have the result before Friday. Now jyst keep looking on my phone:(

still heard nothing from UKBA........ just called the line and the lady is very helpful to comfort me and advised the system still on/off at the moment, they have quite a lot of back log. She said that if not heard anything tomorrow after 2pm then call again. She did said that nothing comes up from the system by my reference number......nervous and biting off my nails!!!!:noidea:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
just an update....still not heard anything from UKBA. Tried to call the centre but they said that I should sent a fax to check instead of calling as they will not disclose anything if the applications not older than 6 months.....its been nearly a week now since apply the in person on last Tuesday.........:( just hope no news is good news tho.....x

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
just an update....still not heard anything from UKBA. Tried to call the centre but they said that I should sent a fax to check instead of calling as they will not disclose anything if the applications not older than 6 months.....its been nearly a week now since apply the in person on last Tuesday.........:( just hope no news is good news tho.....x
Just to be clear, you attended a premium one-day service application appointment last week and paid the associated fees.

During your appointment the computer system failed and you were told they would call you by the end of the week with a determination.

They gave you a phone number to call if you didn't hear back by the end of the week.

You did not hear anything as of this morning, so you rang the number they gave you to call, and the person who answered the phone there said "Don't call us. Fax us, but don't call us because your application is newer than six months old."

Do I have that right?

Angelng929, did the person who answered the phone at the UKBA (telephone number you were given to call) give you the chance to explain that you had come in on a premium appointment last week, that the system had gone down during your paid for appointment, and so you consequently had been instructed by UKBA staff to ring up Monday if you hadn't heard anything?

ETA: Because if you were not given the respect of being able to explain you were only following their instructions, I think you should have a nice hot cup of soothing tea, take several deep breaths, and then call them back, and make sure they understand you have:

Booked, paid for, and attended a one day premium appointment in good faith with all of your documents. That you expected to receive a determination that day due to the paid for appointment and submittal of documents.

That their system crashed whilst you were in the appointment.

That you were instructed by UKBA staff to go home and wait until the end of the week to receive the determination because of the technical difficulties.

That you were given a phone number to ring if you did not hear from them by the end of the week.

And if I were you, I would make sure I got the name of the person I was speaking to so that the next time you telephone, you can say "UKBA officer Ms XYZO instructed me to..."

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thats correct for all the above!
But the phone which she gave me was the hotline number, not a particular direct phone line........
do you think should I call them again after 2pm?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just to be clear, you attended a premium one-day service application appointment last week and paid the associated fees.

During your appointment the computer system failed and you were told they would call you by the end of the week with a determination.

They gave you a phone number to call if you didn't hear back by the end of the week.

You did not hear anything as of this morning, so you rang the number they gave you to call, and the person who answered the phone there said "Don't call us. Fax us, but don't call us because your application is newer than six months old."

Do I have that right?

Angelng929, did the person who answered the phone at the UKBA (telephone number you were given to call) give you the chance to explain that you had come in on a premium appointment last week, that the system had gone down during your paid for appointment, and so you consequently had been instructed by UKBA staff to ring up Monday if you hadn't heard anything?

ETA: Because if you were not given the respect of being able to explain you were only following their instructions, I think you should have a nice hot cup of soothing tea, take several deep breaths, and then call them back, and make sure they understand you have:

Booked, paid for, and attended a one day premium appointment in good faith with all of your documents. That you expected to receive a determination that day due to the paid for appointment and submittal of documents.

That their system crashed whilst you were in the appointment.

That you were instructed by UKBA staff to go home and wait until the end of the week to receive the determination because of the technical difficulties.

That you were given a phone number to ring if you did not hear from them by the end of the week.

And if I were you, I would make sure I got the name of the person I was speaking to so that the next time you telephone, you can say "UKBA officer Ms XYZO instructed me to..."
Oh sorry, didnt read all your message before my reply.
Actually, it was the lady who took my documents on Tuesday to advise that to call back if heard nothing by Thursday. Since then, the hotline staff keep saying that I should not call and dont know why the lady told me to call to check. The lady received my first call is very nice and she did help to check, it was nothing on the system on Thursday late afternoon. Then I call Friday again, the man said that I should not call but fax......
I will give them a call now to explain the whole situation again.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
thats correct for all the above!
But the phone which she gave me was the hotline number, not a particular direct phone line........
do you think should I call them again after 2pm?
I would, and I would make sure to have the following information on paper in front of me:

*The time and date of the premium appointment you attended

*The receipt number proving you have paid the premium fee and it was accepted by the UKBA

*The name of the person you met with during your premium, paid for appointment

*The time of day when you were informed the computer system had crashed

*The name of the person instructing you to ring the hotline phone if you did not hear from the UKBA with a determination by the end of last week

That way when the person who answers the telephone tries to interrupt or otherwise distract you, you will be able to go right back to your key points even if the person you are speaking to makes you incredibly nervous.

(I honestly think there is a class all bureaucrats working a call centre take on how to distract and unnerve the general public, I really do!)

Since I would like to think they are that way because they so often deal with unreasonable people, or with the same questions over and over, I think the real reason they interrupt is because they think they already know what you are going to say/ask/want information on.

Stay calm, remember the person on the other end of the phone is a person too, but do not let that person treat you disrespectfully (by interrupting and not letting you explain why you are ringing). Ask him or her what they think is the best thing for you to do now-get his/her name-and keep stressing that you have attended a paid for, one day premium service appointment and you don't understand the problems you are having getting an answer.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Oh sorry, didnt read all your message before my reply.
Actually, it was the lady who took my documents on Tuesday to advise that to call back if heard nothing by Thursday. Since then, the hotline staff keep saying that I should not call and dont know why the lady told me to call to check. The lady received my first call is very nice and she did help to check, it was nothing on the system on Thursday late afternoon. Then I call Friday again, the man said that I should not call but fax......
I will give them a call now to explain the whole situation again.
I'd fax instead of calling again.

So type something up in Word.doc (or whatever word processing software you have) documenting everything that has happened including dates, times, names, and keep stressing that you paid for a premium appointment. Be calm, check and recheck to make sure your grammar and spelling are spot-on, and your tone in the letter to be faxed is not accusatory or angry.

Send the fax through, and make sure that you request receipt confirmation-save that as documentation of your attempt to follow their instructions.

And keep us posted!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'd fax instead of calling again.

So type something up in Word.doc (or whatever word processing software you have) documenting everything that has happened including dates, times, names, and keep stressing that you paid for a premium appointment. Be calm, check and recheck to make sure your grammar and spelling are spot-on, and your tone in the letter to be faxed is not accusatory or angry.

Send the fax through, and make sure that you request receipt confirmation-save that as documentation of your attempt to follow their instructions.

And keep us posted!

still nothing come back and feel really sick now.....hope its not a big problem to cause it so late and no response.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.