Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have lodged my wife Spouse visa 309 in April 2017 and didnt hear any thing till date.

I also applied for her visitor visa 600 in May2017 and received 03 months visa in July 2017 (though i applied for 6 months visa)

She joined me in Australia on in first week of August and her 03 month visit visa is valid till end of October.

I dont want her to go back and look forward to apply for her visit visa extension. Could you please help me to answer below questions

1. How much time in advance before visa expiry shall she apply for visit visa extension

2. How much time normally it takes for 600 visa extension to be granted (considering it will be on shore)

3. If the decision on her extension is delayed beyond validity of her current visit visa, what will be her status?

4. I have read online that I need to give compelling and compassionate reasons for extending her visit visa. How would you define that?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Generally they don't grant onshore visitor visa extension if you are holding a visitor visa to Australia. As for your question:
1. How much time in advance before visa expiry shall she apply for visit visa extension
A:You can lodge anytime before current 3 months expires
2. How much time normally it takes for 600 visa extension to be granted (considering it will be on shore)
A:Normally onshore visitor visa decision made within couple of weeks, also they will request you to do a health examination
3. If the decision on her extension is delayed beyond validity of her current visit visa, what will be her status?
A:Once the visa is lodged you will receive a bridging visa A allows you to stay lawfully in Australia until the visa decision is made
4. I have read online that I need to give compelling and compassionate reasons for extending her visit visa. How would you define that?
A:Compelling and compassionate is very hard to define, normally you need to demonstrate something out of your control happen and she need to continue stay in Australia,such as illness causing unsuitable to travel ect.

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
Does her current visa has 8503-No Further Stay Condition?

Girl Aussie

Hi

I have lodged my wife Spouse visa 309 in April 2017 and didnt hear any thing till date.

I also applied for her visitor visa 600 in May2017 and received 03 months visa in July 2017 (though i applied for 6 months visa)

She joined me in Australia on in first week of August and her 03 month visit visa is valid till end of October.

I dont want her to go back and look forward to apply for her visit visa extension. Could you please help me to answer below questions

1 - 5 of 5 Posts