Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My wife has only just moved here in July on the initial visa and I'm trying to be organised and make sure we have things in joint names ready for extension in 2 years. So far, noone is letting me transfer existing contracts to a new joint name. For example, mobile I have almost all of a 2 year contract left on and they want me to pay to cancel and transfer to a new contract. Gas and electric is in a contract til end of next year. Internet contract runs out early next year so thats the first one I can do.

How did everyone else do it, was it just a case of waiting for contracts to expire? Or is there other documentation I get? Letters addressed to us individually should be fine, she has ones from the government about her national insurance number and already has a job/ payslips coming to this address....Joint correspondence I am having trouble with though.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Shouldn't have issues with utility bills, council tax. Just ask add your partner's name. Mobile phone not essential.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just tried on utilities, they let me add her but with a 35 character limit - sounds easy enough but she didn't take my name and being hispanic she has 2 surnames....in the end I asked for Mr & mrs (my surname), although that isnt her name nor whats on our joint bank account, is that going to be acceptable?

Didn't think this bit would be so hard!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.