Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I'll make this quick... I'm currently in Edinburgh on a Tier 5 YMS visa, and am applying for an Unmarried partner visa with my fiance of 2 years (we are getting married next year). My current visa expires Sept 2012, and I was wondering if in the case of an unmarried partner visa, you need to have a certain amount of time left on your current visa. I know with Marriage/Civil Partner visa's, you need 3 months left, but I have found absolutely nothing to lead me to believe that is the case with an Unmarried Partner visa.

The reason why I ask is I am currently visiting back home in Canada to visit my mother (she is not doing great health-wise), and I am curious if I have to be back soon to get this sorted, or if I can spend some time with her here.

So, basically, do I need to have a certain amount of time left on my current visa before applying for an Unmarried Partner?

Thanks everyone.

Shaun

·
Registered
39,079 Posts
Hi there,

I'll make this quick... I'm currently in Edinburgh on a Tier 5 YMS visa, and am applying for an Unmarried partner visa with my fiance of 2 years (we are getting married next year). My current visa expires Sept 2012, and I was wondering if in the case of an unmarried partner visa, you need to have a certain amount of time left on your current visa. I know with Marriage/Civil Partner visa's, you need 3 months left, but I have found absolutely nothing to lead me to believe that is the case with an Unmarried Partner visa.

The reason why I ask is I am currently visiting back home in Canada to visit my mother (she is not doing great health-wise), and I am curious if I have to be back soon to get this sorted, or if I can spend some time with her here.

So, basically, do I need to have a certain amount of time left on my current visa before applying for an Unmarried Partner?
No, neither is there for spouse visa. You can apply right up to the date of expiry of your Tier 5, but do allow some leeway in case you cannot, for whatever reason, apply in time, so aim to apply a few weeks before expiry. Your visa will be automatically extended while they process your FLR.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.