Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello seniorexpats,

My visa Subclass 457 was issued for 4 years duration of time.

Visa issued - 15/10/2010
Visa expiry - 15/10/2014

However, once my assignment in Australia got over and when I returned back to India, my employer cancelled the visa as per the company policy. Subsequently,I received a notice from NSW Immigration that, my visa has been cancelled.

Visa cancelled date - 29/07/2012

Now, in the NSW SS application, there is a field that asks for "expiry date" of the visa held if any. I am confused as to, whether I should put the expiry date or cancelled date. Personally, for me, expiry date in this case doesn't seem to make much sense or logical, but I am not confident what is the correct way to fill this detail in this puzzling situation.

Please help me what is appropriate and correct to fill. Expats who was already in my situation and applied for NSW SS, please let me know what you have filled.

Thank you in advance for guiding me.

Best regards,
JR

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello seniorexpats,

My visa Subclass 457 was issued for 4 years duration of time.

Visa issued - 15/10/2010
Visa expiry - 15/10/2014

However, once my assignment in Australia got over and when I returned back to India, my employer cancelled the visa as per the company policy. Subsequently,I received a notice from NSW Immigration that, my visa has been cancelled.

Visa cancelled date - 29/07/2012

Now, in the NSW SS application, there is a field that asks for "expiry date" of the visa held if any. I am confused as to, whether I should put the expiry date or cancelled date. Personally, for me, expiry date in this case doesn't seem to make much sense or logical, but I am not confident what is the correct way to fill this detail in this puzzling situation.

Please help me what is appropriate and correct to fill. Expats who was already in my situation and applied for NSW SS, please let me know what you have filled.

Thank you in advance for guiding me.

Best regards,
JR
Ok, I have myself found the answer from the below.

Difference between the visa status and the arrival departure record - Form I-94

Its the cancelled date which which I have to fill. Any critics ?

Best regards,
JR

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.