Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I screwed up!
My student visa expired back in November and here I am needing to renew ASAP! Have been on medical leave so left in October withou renewing.
How can I do it and where do I go? I am not in France so am not illegally staying there but do want to re-enter to continue my stay there, can anyone tell me what is my best recourse now?
Also, I would like to change from a student visa to long stay- is this possible?
Thank you.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Bev,
Thank you for your response, Sorry but I am not a UK resident but U.S. Citizen.
But need new visa to get back to paris.....can I get a renewal quickly and where should I address this? U.S. Or France?

·
Administrator
51,630 Posts
If you are back in the US (your "location" tag said London, which is why I thought you were there), you have to start from scratch with the French consulate that covers the area where you are currently living.

You will have to get a new visa altogether. It's not a renewal if you want to change status. And it's also not a renewal if you're no longer resident in France.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes you are correct Bev!
Just came from French consulate and it us exactly what I had to do.
All paperwork has been submitted and now waiting fir visa to pick up.
Thank you for your help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.