Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Visa Evidencing India

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Nanshri 
#1 ·
Hi,

Just got my Pre-grant letter for my Aussie PR (176 SS Victoria).
I am currently in Melbourne (on 457 visa) and need to move overseas for getting the grant letter.

I hail from india, and wanted to plan a trip back home to get the grant letter. I am worried with the Visa evidencing bit. In my travel plan, I donot have enough time probably to get the evidencing (visa label) done in my passport. I understand that to enter Australia, I'd not need the evidencing as the Visa details are stored electronically.
I am more worried about the Emigration process in India, where they may/maynot insist on seeing a physical visa label evidenced on the passport.

I already have a 457 label on my Visa, and unless I get 176 label, there would be no stamp on the 457 marking its cancellation.

Q: has anyone travelled from India with an electronic visa+grant letter and no evidencing(label) on the passport?

P.S. I have been hassled before at the Bangalore Airport by the emigration officer, as I had no Aussie Employer issued ID card with me.

Regards,
Harish

See less See more
#2 ·
Just curious, can't you travel on the 457 visa? You might have the Aus employer ID card with you now, right?

BTW, getting the label on the passport took 7 working days for me. I had sent the passport to the VFS office in delhi along with a demand draft.

#3 ·
thanks for the response. Seems like everyone travelling out of Indian airports is taking the safe option of getting the visa label, unlike my friends from Europe.

I'd still have the 457 label, but I am unsure whether the Indian emigration has that data electronically. I'm not very excited at the idea of explaining the electronic visa to Indian emigration.

7 working days would be a spoiler for me, maybe i'll try getting an appointment at the Australia high Commission where the website says that the SLA is a min of 24-48 hours.

Cheers!!
Harish

#4 ·
Even I am in the same situation like you.

Could you able to travel to OZ without the visa evidencing? Can you please update me.

It will be of great help.

Many thanks in advance.

#6 ·
You anyways require the visa evidenced for enrolling for Medicare, for enabling/opening your migrant bank account etc, enrolling at Centerlink etc.

So why not do it before flying to Australia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.