Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

My wifes visa application is in Manila and has been deferred, they just need a form filled out for a speeding fine my wife received but have also asked the following.

"You are also requested to provide details of On-Target Earnings (OTE) of sponsors job in the UK. Where does the £34,000 potential come from?"

I have provided an offer letter from my employer stating that the on target earnings in my role are £34000.

I can now most likely get access to my sales incentive plan doc which shows how the commission structure works would this be what they would be looking for or do they want just an email back explaining that this is earned in monthly commission?

Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
On target earnings are just a goal set by the employer and Commission based on, as yet, unknown sales is very uncertain and cannot be relied upon.
Do you not have past earnings records or does your employer pay a base wage which is then topped up with any Commission earned?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On target earnings are just a goal set by the employer and Commission based on, as yet, unknown sales is very uncertain and cannot be relied upon.
Do you not have past earnings records or does your employer pay a base wage which is then topped up with any Commission earned?

Hi there yes they do. I sent a letter in my application with says that base wage is £17000 a year. This is then topped up with the OTE and potential earnings on this are what else £34000 and beyond.

They have been given a headed letter from my employer stating this so am going to approach my HR team to provide more information on the incentive plan and how this works. Not sure what else I can do any suggestions?

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
in respect of such a job offer in the UK, gross “on-target” earnings which may be expected from satisfactory performance in the standard or core hours of work can be included. This must be evidenced in the letter from the employer or signed contract of employment which must be submitted.
Appendix FM Section 1.7

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Joppa

I sent that to them in the information already, see text from letter below which was sent and signed from my HR team on headed paper. What further would you recommend to send to back this up?

The letter said as follows

"Further to Mr ***** request for a letter providing his potential on target earnings I can confirm the following.

Employment due to commencement 9th March 2015

Job title: Sales consultant

Basic annual salary: £17000

Potential on target earnings: £34000 per annum subject to performance,"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.