Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hi all,

Many of you are aware of my ongoing issues regarding my husband who deceived me for a visa. I have been writing to the Home Office on multiple occasions and have finally achieved some sort of a result. The Home Office have decided to curtail his leave.
I am very happy today - it is a start in the right direction - no doubt I can expect a letter from the courts soon as my Husband will most certainly be using it to secure discretionary leave however one step at a time for me.

There is also a brilliant website which has a lot of amazing information on it. [You can't give link to another site - Mod]

This is the letter I recieved from the Home Office today :)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7k7ixb8o75hmpee/IMG_20170713_122047145.jpg?dl=0

I also submitted a freedom of information request for research purposes however it has been denied - is that right?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1pv4ppapw0h14mr/08052017 - Manchester Curtailment Team.docx?dl=0

Reactions: masif

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Oh. As far as I know a lot of people that get married from Pakistan, get married to their relatives. Tell me more if you don't mind. It's a real eye opener for people who get married to foreigners.

Look at Coffeegirl's previous posts and threads, they will give you the picture!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Oh gosh! What a knob. How could someone do that? This is why the genuine couple's struggle to get a visa.
Yes, quite appaling when she made significant sacrifices by holding down 3 jobs

to achieve the financial requirement. It is this kind of behaviour which is dis-crediting the system and making things much harder for genuine applicants.

·
Registered
30 Posts
It is sad that you had to experience such a stressful event, especially with your responsibilities for the baby etc.
I would still advise you to state that he is the father, since that is the right of the child and the truth. There is no point in returning wrong with wrong.
Howeved he has to still maintain you and the child.
The actions of that man are obviously condemned in Pakistani culture and religion.
I know of two cases sadly:
1) a girl from abroad liked a guy from the UK but she kept it hidden. She married a man (who thought she actually wanted to marry him and was sincere etc) so she can move to UK (the gullible guy didn't know) and he sponsored her on the spouse visa. When she came to the UK, she ran away with the guy she liked. All the money he spent on the wedding, dowry etc were wasted. I don't know what happened afterwards.
2) a girl from abroad married a guy from the UK. When he sponsored her and she got the visa, she started blackmailing him to sponsor the rest of her family to move to the UK as well. The guy was sensible and he got the visa cancelled apparently.

I don't believe in karma but justice does happen, even if it is not in this world.
I hope you get a better husband.
It is risky marrying from abroad. Hence it is important that one looks at the prospect's character and ethics.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yes, quite appaling when she made significant sacrifices by holding down 3 jobs

to achieve the financial requirement. It is this kind of behaviour which is dis-crediting the system and making things much harder for genuine applicants.
I agree with this its also making it far more expensive for genuine couple to obtain these visas. Basically my husband and I meet the financial requirement but it makes me sad for those who are genuine and making just around the financial requirement. People are so nasty when they want to be.

·
Registered
2 Posts
wish I have read this before as I am in same shoes. Sponsored a girl on fast track visa and within 10 days she left the house and made false allegations of domestic violence. Did everything for her, spent a lot of money but this is what i got at the end.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Assume she has made an Official Compliant to the Police?? If so that will go through a process of Investigation where the Police will gather information including Statements from both you and the Complainant. Because of your Wife's status it is reasonably certain the Home Office will become involved. These are issues outside of you control and you must wait for due process to complete.
However you MUST advise the Home Office, otherwise you could regarded as compliant. I think the HO have a unit in Manchester, where they deal with such cases when relationships end.
Give all details of her UK entry any known address ( it likely because of the nature of her allegation this will only be known by the Police), and all other relevant information in your possession.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
can you help me out, please. I am facing the same situation. No idea what to do now.

Hi Masif,

So sorry to hear you are in same situation. I'm still going through the courts with mine and facing the after brunt of it through no fault of mine. Message me if you need more information but definitely inform the Home Office and fill in the form that is on their website and send that in as well.

Also report it to the police. Otherwise depending on what she is making up, the Police may charge/arrest you so go in there first.

Hope this helps.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.