Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother is sponsoring me for an immigration visa and have paid $75 for the initial choice of agent fees and I am now being asked to pay $400 for submitting the Affidavit of Service. Can anyone tell me what, if any, further costs I will have to pay to carry on with my application. Thank you.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
My brother is sponsoring me for an immigration visa and have paid $75 for the initial choice of agent fees and I am now being asked to pay $400 for submitting the Affidavit of Service. Can anyone tell me what, if any, further costs I will have to pay to carry on with my application. Thank you.
Medical including any required vaccinations.
Possible courier fee from embassy if they mail your passport and brown envelope back to you.

That should be about it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
More cost queries

Possible courier fee from embassy if they mail your passport and brown envelope back to you.

That should be about it.
Thanks for above info. Could I also ask you the following:

1. Is the medical in London? I live in Cyprus at the moment, but have a house in the UK.

2. How much is medical examination (approx)?

3. If I get residency, do I have to live in the USA full stop? Or can I just buy a house there and live there when I choose?

4. Would I get a certain amount of time to take up the residency?

I am sure I will find other questions for you later. Many thanks for now.

Sheila

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Thanks for above info. Could I also ask you the following:

1. Is the medical in London? I live in Cyprus at the moment, but have a house in the UK.

2. How much is medical examination (approx)?

3. If I get residency, do I have to live in the USA full stop? Or can I just buy a house there and live there when I choose?

4. Would I get a certain amount of time to take up the residency?

I am sure I will find other questions for you later. Many thanks for now.

Sheila
1. The visa is usually processed wherever you are resident.
2. Knightsbridge Doctors Visa Medicals for London prices.
3. Yes, you have to live here.
4. Six months from visa issue.

·
Registered
21 Posts

That should be about it.
I don't know much about this, only just gone through getting a fiancee visa, but I also had to pay about £240 to the embassy when I went for the interview there.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
I don't know much about this, only just gone through getting a fiancee visa, but I also had to pay about £240 to the embassy when I went for the interview there.
You were presumably on a K1 visa. He'll be on an immigrant visa. Different kettle of fish.......and cheaper to boot!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts