Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Long time - after my psychological recession due to change in the policies from DIAC and putting me in a deep s**t in the mig process.
I have applied last March for 175, non-CSL (lately discovered). However, I have reapplied to ACS for a reassessment for a specialization (2231-79 C#) only hoping they give me skilled 2231-79, I update DIAC and ask them to process as CSL - many if/maybe/etc etc uncertainity.

Recently I am thinking of applying for family sponsorship - I have an uncle (brother of my Mom) who is eligible to sponsor me. Now, I have got some questions:

1. Can I convert from 175 to 176? If yes, what more docs I need to send?
(I got a feeling/understanding from searching this superb forum that I need to fill-up an 1277 form by my Sponsor, then 1022 form for change of information and attach relevant docs for 176. After sending them to DIAC - I can lodge a PLE asking their focus on the matter) Am I right?

2. Other than those two forms, do i need to send form 1276 and form 80 again? (they are identical to what i already sent for 175)

3. Who will send form 1277 to DIAC - the applicant (signed by sponsor) or the sponsor himself?

4. What are the evidences I need to provide along with the forms? We dont maintain family registrar in our country. I can arrange my Mom's birth certificate + passport. Are they enough? Should I make a sanctuary declaration/ or in form of 'To whom it may concern' certified by 1st class gadgeting officer that the sponsor is related with me? My uncle's immig form had the name of my Mom.

Please advise.

Regards/Zonaid

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi all,
Long time - after my psychological recession due to change in the policies from DIAC and putting me in a deep s**t in the mig process.
I have applied last March for 175, non-CSL (lately discovered). However, I have reapplied to ACS for a reassessment for a specialization (2231-79 C#) only hoping they give me skilled 2231-79, I update DIAC and ask them to process as CSL - many if/maybe/etc etc uncertainity.

Recently I am thinking of applying for family sponsorship - I have an uncle (brother of my Mom) who is eligible to sponsor me. Now, I have got some questions:

1. Can I convert from 175 to 176? If yes, what more docs I need to send?
(I got a feeling/understanding from searching this superb forum that I need to fill-up an 1277 form by my Sponsor, then 1022 form for change of information and attach relevant docs for 176. After sending them to DIAC - I can lodge a PLE asking their focus on the matter) Am I right?

2. Other than those two forms, do i need to send form 1276 and form 80 again? (they are identical to what i already sent for 175)

3. Who will send form 1277 to DIAC - the applicant (signed by sponsor) or the sponsor himself?

4. What are the evidences I need to provide along with the forms? We dont maintain family registrar in our country. I can arrange my Mom's birth certificate + passport. Are they enough? Should I make a sanctuary declaration/ or in form of 'To whom it may concern' certified by 1st class gadgeting officer that the sponsor is related with me? My uncle's immig form had the name of my Mom.

Please advise.

Regards/Zonaid
Processing priorities:
1. Applications from people who are employer sponsored under the ENS and the RSMS.
2. Applications from people who are nominated by a State/Territory government and whose nominated occupation is listed on the Critical Skills List (CSL).
3. Applications from people who are sponsored by family and whose nominated occupation is listed on the CSL.
4. Applications from people who are neither nominated nor sponsored but whose nominated occupation is listed on the CSL.
5. Applications from people who are nominated by a State/Territory government whose nominated occupation is not listed on the CSL
6. (i) Applications from people whose occupations are listed on the Migration Occupations in Demand List (MODL). and
(ii) Applications from people who are sponsored by family and whose nominated occupation is not listed on the CSL.
7. All other applications are to be processed in the order in which they are received.

Unless your nominated occupation is listed on the CSL, otherwise the processing priority will not change i.e. from 6(i) to 6(ii). If CSL+sponsored by family, then only your priority will move to 3. So I think you should wait for the outcome from ACS first.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Syncsam,
Thank you for the info. Yes, still I would like to go for sponsorship (meanwhile if I get CSL from ACS - would be a great bonus).

Any help for my questions above, please??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts