Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm Rashmi from India, and I received my PR a couple of months ago. I am still in India, and am planning to move to Australia next year. However, I married recently and I wanted to know how should my husband go about his PR/Visa application? We ideally want to get both the PRs and move together. What would be the category - should he apply for Partner Visa or Dependent Visa (though technically, he won't be my dependent, as he would also work there).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
657 Posts
Hi,

I'm Rashmi from India, and I received my PR a couple of months ago. I am still in India, and am planning to move to Australia next year. However, I married recently and I wanted to know how should my husband go about his PR/Visa application? We ideally want to get both the PRs and move together. What would be the category - should he apply for Partner Visa or Dependent Visa (though technically, he won't be my dependent, as he would also work there).

Thanks!
Partner Visa I suppose.......Wait for some experts advice as well.
Good luck :wave:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hi,

Thanks!
Hey Rashmi,

You may apply for Category-189 and you can add your husband into the application, this way you will get extra points! However your husband skills needs to accessed too and need to get min 6 each in IELTS.

G

·
Hey Rashmi,

You may apply for Category-189 and you can add your husband into the application, this way you will get extra points! However your husband skills needs to accessed too and need to get min 6 each in IELTS.
Why would she do that? She already has PR!

·
Registered
199 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts