Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DEAR FRIENDS,
I HAD TO LEAVE MY JOB AS POST PROBATION MY EMPLOYER WAS TRYING TO EXPLOIT ME AND BLACKMAILING ME BY ASKING ME TO REDUCE MY SALARY IN RETURN FOR EMPLOYMENT.

THE DEMAND WAS SO PATHETIC THAT I HAD TO LET GO OF THE JOB, RATHER THAN WORK FOR PEANUTS.

i HAVE ASKED HIM TO KINDLY NOT SUBMIT MY VISA FOR CANCELLATION TILL I FIND A NEW JOB, AND HE SAYS ITS NOT LEGAL.

MANY PEOPLE SAY HE IS WRONG.
AS PER MY UNDERSTANDING THE COMPANY CAN SUBMIT MY VISA FOR CANCELLATION LATER AS WELL.
MY VISA IS A FREE ZONE VISA.

PLS ADVISE IF THE ABOVE IS CORRECT.
IT WILL BE A GREAT HELP . ANY LINKS , ETC WHICH I CAN SHOW TO MY EMPLOYER THAT HE IS WRONG WILL BE HELPFUL.

PLS PLS HELP.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Apologise - didnt realize m post was all upper case.

Reposting below for some advise.

Dear friends,
i had to leave my job as post probation my employer was trying to exploit me and blackmailing me by asking me to reduce my salary in return for employment.

The demand was so pathetic that i had to let go of the job, rather than work for peanuts.

I have asked him to kindly not submit my visa for cancellation till i find a new job, and he says its not legal.

Many people say he is wrong.
As per my understanding the company can submit my visa for cancellation later as well.
My visa is a free zone visa.

Pls advise if the above is correct.
It will be a great help . Any links , etc which i can show to my employer that he is wrong will be helpful.

Pls pls help.

·
Registered
76 Posts
If you have chosen to leave they will have to cancel your visa. You will be given a 30 day grace period to find a new job - is this not long enough?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts