Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi !
My wife is coming to australia on a student visa & i am accompanying her. My main issue is that both our passports do not have spouse's name on our passport's but we have the valid visa's with us & is it possible that we can be detained if the passport does not have the spouse's name?? Both the passport's were issued before the marraige.

Please help and Thanks to who ever ever help us.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hi !
My wife is coming to australia on a student visa & i am accompanying her. My main issue is that both our passports do not have spouse's name on our passport's but we have the valid visa's with us & is it possible that we can be detained if the passport does not have the spouse's name?? Both the passport's were issued before the marraige.

Please help and Thanks to who ever ever help us.
I think carrying a marriage certificate would be the best bet in this scenario. If the marriage certificate is in Hindi or local language, do get it translated by a competent authority.

If you have time, why not apply for inclusion of spouse's name in your passport. I guess its pretty quick (generally takes around 15 to 20 days).

Regards,
Roy

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
no they dont detain you. all you need is a registered marriage certificate, carry it with you and it works

1 - 3 of 3 Posts