Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
457 visa approved today, we're in!

Here's my timeline...

November 2008 - the crazy idea pops in our heads ;)

June 2009 - contacted my company's office in Sydney

August 2009 - met with the Director

December 2009 - contract signed and delivered. Sydney office applies as sponsor/nominator

16 January 2010 - I submit my 457 application

8 February 2010 - sponsorship/nomination approved

12 February 2010 - 457 granted:eek:

27 February 2010 - my flight takes off!!! :D

Thank you all for the guidance and advice, I most certainly could not have gotten through all of this without your help.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Congratulations

have a wonderful time!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Congrats!!! So it looks like you submitted your application before sponsorship/nomination was approved? My husband has been hired by a university in Perth and they submitted their nomination/sponsorship on January 25th. They advised us to wait to submit our application until they received the approval just in case there is a problem so we don't lose any $$$ when we submit. One other questions, did you have to complete medicals? Good luck.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congrats!!! So it looks like you submitted your application before sponsorship/nomination was approved? My husband has been hired by a university in Perth and they submitted their nomination/sponsorship on January 25th. They advised us to wait to submit our application until they received the approval just in case there is a problem so we don't lose any $$$ when we submit. One other questions, did you have to complete medicals? Good luck.
You do not need to wait for the sponsorship/nomination to be approved before submitting your visa application. However, the s/n application does need to be submitted.

I did not have to supply medical information at all, nor police records for that matter...I guess my record is squeaky clean!

I did have to get medical insurance for my time there and supply that confirmation with the visa application.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Cool thanks. Which insurance company did you go with? We've found a few quotes and just haven't made a decision so wondered if you had a recommendation. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Congratulations.....!!!

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
That's fantastic!

Congratulations......

Dolly

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
congratulations..

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Congratulations!

Wow less than 2 weeks to get everything sorted now! You're going to be busy! :D
Let us know how you get on and your impressions once you get here.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks! Yes, I will be quite busy but I'm embracing the challenge. The dog & cat are the most complicated and expensive component to this but all is working out with them too. They fly 22 February, out of quarantine 10 April.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts