Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm so thrilled to say that yesterday our visa was approved and my wife will be joining me here in the UK!

My final questions revolves around the entry date. We specified the intended arrival date as 15th July, due to my wife's work and masters course she is doing and can't get here any earlier. However the date on the visa says 19th May, is there an issue in coming 2 months later than the stamped date?

Thanks for everyone's help!

·
Registered
39,104 Posts
Is it a vignette valid 30 days or visa valid 33 months? If it's the former, you only have 30 days in which to enter UK, but with the latter you can delay your travel by up to 3 months and still with enough time left to renew after 30 months.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's 33 months - Expiry date is 19/02/18. It's a proper stamp/sticker in her passport, sounds like we fit into the latter right?

Do we need to be careful about how much time we spend outside the country because of the delay in time getting here?

·
Registered
39,104 Posts
Provided you stay no more than half the remaining period of validity, you are fine, but it's best to keep absences reasonable (like annual holidays).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.