Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There

You may remember I posted a little while ago that my employer sponsored visa was approved very quickly.

Well we were all ready to pack up and move mid October when my brother became really ill and is currently in intensive care. This means that I cannot bring myself to book the flights as I am needed here obviously for my brother, my parents and of course my own piece of mind!

Secondly my husbands business has failed leaving us with debts that just cannot be managed so he is thinking of declaring himself bankrupt. I have read all sorts of information on the net about this and wondered if anyone had been in a similar situation or knew the answers to the following questions...

1. Will him going bankrupt affect our Visa's in any way?
2. Will we be prevented from leaving the country in any way?

Thanks in advance

Hop x

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Hi Hop:

1. No, the visa was based on the circumstances at the time of application and approval. Not after.
2. Don't know, possibly. I think it depends on the laws of the country you intend to leave.

You can put off booking your flights until the 'enter by date' on the visa sticker. There is no exception to that date, so even if it means flying into AU, getting a stamp and then flying back it's probably worth it even then.

I don't know if you got a PR or a 457 Temp visa, but if it's a PR it's worth it just to do that stamp and then you have the remainder of 5 yrs to setup in Australia.

Good luck :)

Hi There

You may remember I posted a little while ago that my employer sponsored visa was approved very quickly.

Well we were all ready to pack up and move mid October when my brother became really ill and is currently in intensive care. This means that I cannot bring myself to book the flights as I am needed here obviously for my brother, my parents and of course my own piece of mind!

Secondly my husbands business has failed leaving us with debts that just cannot be managed so he is thinking of declaring himself bankrupt. I have read all sorts of information on the net about this and wondered if anyone had been in a similar situation or knew the answers to the following questions...

1. Will him going bankrupt affect our Visa's in any way?
2. Will we be prevented from leaving the country in any way?

Thanks in advance

Hop x

1 - 2 of 2 Posts