Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wow, I should have made my appointment earlier, instead of waiting for the house to close. I thought maybe 2 weeks, but the first appointment is July 24!

That means I shouldn't buy plane tickets to fly out until around August 20!

That's a long wait.... :(

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yes, I ran into the same thing ... could only book online .... can't book more than 3 months in advance ... and the online booking only gave a one month window at max ... at times it only showed a few days, because if someone dropped their booking appointment they wanted it filled before they'd open new days .... I had a specific date I wanted, so I was checking the site 3 or 4 times a day because it would change that quickly ...

You might want to check the site daily (multiple times) to see if anyone has dropped out ... you might - stress: "might" - get an earlier date ....

The process itself was a breeze .... there is no interview - just turning in your paperwork, fingerprints, photograph and pay the fee .... to me, the hardest part is the waiting - which is supposed to be two weeks for the Los Angeles office ..... I'm on day 12 right now, have had many sleepless nights these last number of days .... feel quite stressed over something I have absolutely no control ..... UGH

·
Administrator
51,318 Posts
Do keep trying for an earlier date. We've had quite a few folks here on the forum who have managed to snap up a date that just "suddenly" appears on the website.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is buying a plane ticket for about 30 days after the appointment a pretty safe bet?

I do have our famille de livret, so I am assuming it should be processed in standard time.

It's way too much to buy tickets the are changeable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts