Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, sorry for posting again but I am getting more conflicting information on my next question. We are relocating at the end of august to Dubai. My husband is seriously busy with work and is struggling to find the time to get mine and my son's visa applications done. Is it possible to enter Dubai with our 30 day tourist visas and for me to arrange for the visas when we get there? My husband has all of the attested documents with him in Dubai for me and our 2 sons. As I see it on the municipally site there will be extra charges for the change of status, my husband suggested taking the children on a short stay out of the country once we have applied for our visas. Is this acceptable in this process?

Thanks for your time

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Why doesn't your husband get the company PRO to do it for him as happens with probably 95% of family visa applications for ex-pats from the UK?

If not, he needs to man up and put his family first, I'm sure he can spare an hour or so first thing in the morning.

I honestly can't get my head around the concept of a husband and father being too busy to get around to bringing his family to be with him.

It is possible to enter on tourist visas and apply for a status change, and yes it will cost more money, but you won't be allowed to be the person doing the running around sorting it out.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He is currently working 14-16 hour days and is struggling to find the time. I will suggest he asks the pro at work. Thanks

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Unless he's one of the Avengers and the fate of the world depends on him working straight for 14 hours, he can just work for 12 hours tomorrow, put his family first and the world will continue to revolve. It's a weak excuse.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Unless he's one of the Avengers and the fate of the world depends on him working straight for 14 hours, he can just work for 12 hours tomorrow, put his family first and the world will continue to revolve. It's a weak excuse.

That's a rather biased view. I think some of the DC Comics chaps (Superman comes to mind) are pretty important too

To an earlier question asked by OP, no, you can't leave the country while the visa process is ongoing as you need to hand in your passport. You will receive the passport once the visa has been approved and affixed to your passport.

·
Registered
753 Posts
If he goes first thing at 7-730am and is front of the queue for typing the applications for entry permits will take an hour more or less, they're valid for 60 days so wait until a bit closer to the time.

You'll pay AED 550 or so each for change of status and you won't get very far for a short stay trip for less than 1650.. also if you get the entry permit done before you arrive then visas will be completed and stamped quicker so you can get medical insurance cover and school places organized sooner as well.

You seem to have checked the paperwork needed but if he's short of time make sure he takes everything first time: as well as the attested documents, one colour pp photo with white background for each of you, cash to pay the application fees, tenancy contract, colour passport copies and salary certificate (with labor/establishment card in some cases). Typing office will tell him to open a sponsor file first and bring the sticker to submit as well, that can be done at the bank desks in immigration offices.

·
Registered
753 Posts
If he goes first thing at 7-730am and is front of the queue for typing the applications for entry permits will take an hour more or less, they're valid for 60 days so wait until a bit closer to the time.

You'll pay AED 550 or so each for change of status and you won't get very far for a short stay trip for less than 1650.. also if you get the entry permit done before you arrive then visas will be completed and stamped quicker so you can get medical insurance cover and school places organized sooner as well.

You seem to have checked the paperwork needed but if he's short of time make sure he takes everything first time: as well as the attested documents, one colour pp photo with white background for each of you, cash to pay the application fees, tenancy contract, colour passport copies and salary certificate (with labor/establishment card in some cases). Typing office will tell him to open a sponsor file first and bring the sticker to submit as well, that can be done at the bank desks in immigration offices.

Forgot his residence visa and EID..

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
He is currently working 14-16 hour days and is struggling to find the time. I will suggest he asks the pro at work. Thanks
If he's working for a decent company with a good PRO, they will get it all done for you in a few days. I had to delay getting my wife's done because she was in and out of the country and needed her passport, so hers was done after we arrived and already living here. The PRO turned everything round in 5 working days. This is of course assuming you have all your paperwork in order.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts