Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it worth using a company to help process our visa? my partner would be the main applicant as a bricklayer and we have 2 children.

How difficult is it to do it yourself?

Megan:confused:

·
Registered
619 Posts
Is it worth using a company to help process our visa? my partner would be the main applicant as a bricklayer and we have 2 children.

Quite a few people choose to do the application themselves. I chose to use an agent, because I am a worrywart and wanted to make sure I didn't miss everything. To me it was worth the money knowing that I wouldn't do anything stupid to delay my application. I still ended up filling out all the application online myself, but my agent went in there an verified everything before I filed, and then he dealt with uploading necessary documents afterwards.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts

hi msones..it totally depends on u...I(like many others on forum) have chossen to apply myself...the thing is that if u r clear of the whole process & r confident then u can apply urself...there might be instances where the people are not sure about their point or they r borderline cases..in that case they use services of agent...

·
Registered
65 Posts
hi msones..it totally depends on u...I(like many others on forum) have chossen to apply myself...the thing is that if u r clear of the whole process & r confident then u can apply urself...there might be instances where the people are not sure about their point or they r borderline cases..in that case they use services of agent...

Hi,

We applied ourselves also. Really because we felt that getting an agent to do it could delay matters....sometimes in my office, files dwell on desks for some time before they are dealt with and I didnt want that happening. There's my 'control freak' side showing now!! :eek:

You do really have to aquaint yourself with the information on the DIAC site though. There is probably better peace of mind in having an agent do it for you as you dont have to second guess yourself all of the time. Agents are fairly expensive though and I think its certainly do-able yourself.

ae

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi Megan

I agree with the above comments. It can be useful to use an agent - though in my opinion, if you research it enough, and you know which VISA you need to apply for, then there is no reason that you will not be able to do it all yourself.

From what I looked at Agents, are VERY expensive - My dad told me avoid at all costs, as they are basically just a rip off. Each person has their own opinion, but I'm doing it myself, and with the helpful advice from this forum, I'm finding the whole thing pretty straightforward at the moment. (I'm yet to submit my actual Visa application, but I have filled it all in, ready to go, and it was all very straightforward)

I'm just one example, and obviously it gets more complicated with an entire family, with kids, trying to make the move to OZ.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Stu.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts