Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've started the visa application on visa4uk and saved it because I am going to be submitting in less than 100 days and I've wanted to keep this info on me and check over it as many times as possible.
-----------

My question is.. on the Family Details page, I've gotten stumped. :confused2:
I originally put single because I am not married (since that is what you do on Taxes and etc if not married)... but then I changed it to "Fiance/proposed civil partnership" because I'm applying for the fiance visa.

Afterwards it's asking for nationality, and passport number of whom I assume to be my spouse, but it doesn't really say? It just says "passport number" etc, but I've already written both down before (my spouse is my sponsor so he is there) and myself on the first page. I guessed they meant my fiance though because my sponsor could be anyone I suppose. But I wanted to be sure since I am repeating all the information in the application! Any advice is helpful.

Afterwards it asks for mother and father details on the same page. I assume they're asking for mine? Sorry just wanting to be sure.

Also lastly, as for medications etc., I got a check up in the UK last April for an ear infection and I paid 40 pounds for someone to look in my ears etc. No one diagnosed me and I wasn't properly with medication until after back in the US. So I wrote no as in not treated with anything, is this wrong technically?

Just wondering. Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
The application is all about you until you get to the section titled Sponsor and then it's about your fiance who is your sponsor (and the only person who can sponsor you for a fiance or spouse visa).

I think if you received medical treatment which you did if you went to a clinic and were seen by a medical professional, you say yes and explain the situation and that you paid. You might also want to include the receipt.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So wait, the part under fiance/proposed partnership is about me too?
It says Spouse/Partner, which is why it's confusing to me, haha. Thanks for the help.

Hmm.. I'm not sure if I have the receipt anymore, I did pay it though with cash. (I was trying to save it but got caught up in a move and I don't know where its located)
I wonder if I included the center I was seen at and if they could just verify it there?

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
If you're talking about the "family details" section, do notice that it is divided into several parts, and it's really about YOUR family, including your spouse/partner as a family member. It's a little confusing until you take each section discretely.

Fiance/proposed partner section: information about your fiance/proposed partner
Mother: YOUR (the applicant's) mother
Father: YOUR (the applicant's) father

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Ok. That does make sense, sorry it's just so clustered there I guess.
Thank you!

I will list my fiance twice I suppose!
edit: I have also added that I went to for treatment at this medical center, which last on one day since I didn't get any treatment there after haha.
It doesnt ask for how much I paid or anything, but I at least wrote it down what I could. I don't have the receipt unfortunately but I'm sure I was in their system at some point?
I wrote in "additional information":

"In the Medical Treatment tab, I noted I went for treatment and paid as I had a problem with my ear and pain. I called them and they scheduled if I paid forty pounds in cash upon arrival they would schedule for a visit with one of the doctors there. When arriving I was looked over but did not get medication or diagnosed, and was not diagnosed until I returned back to the USA - hence my treatment starts and ends on the same day. I do not have a receipt for this but I am sure I am in their past bookings for the afternoon of April 27 2015."

·
Registered
474 Posts
As clever octopus said Fiance/proposed partner section: information about your fiance/proposed partner.I did the same as there is a question said if they have only one name ,so it refers to whom they ? It refers to to the fiancé or spouse .correct me if I am wrong !!!

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Everything under "Spouse/Partner" is information about your spouse/partner. There are sections when the partner is referred to as "they" and sometimes "you". I agree that this is confusing.

If you are in the Spouse/Partner section:

FAMILY NAME / SURNAME
(IF YOU ONLY HAVE ONE NAME, PLEASE ENTER IT HERE AND IN THE GIVEN NAME BOX)
This is your partner's name.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Everything under "Spouse/Partner" is information about your spouse/partner. There are sections when the partner is referred to as "they" and sometimes "you". I agree that this is confusing.

If you are in the Spouse/Partner section:

FAMILY NAME / SURNAME
(IF YOU ONLY HAVE ONE NAME, PLEASE ENTER IT HERE AND IN THE GIVEN NAME BOX)
This is your partner's name.
You are right Clever as the form itself is confusing And full of mistakes as in the same section we can find the pronouns you and they ,I don't know when the applicant makes a mistake on the application form they accuse him but none can accuse them when they make mistakes .

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the help guys. I just have one more question.
With logs for every few months, I understand we don't need our conversations to show, we just need proof we sent something in that time. That sounds really confusing to me. Does anyone have an example? How can I show that without showing the conversation?

Thanks.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
* Also, with the question above, does anyone know if you pay for the biometrics at the time of filling out online and how much they are?

I think you fill out the app online and then they'll send you information about the bio. Was just curious though!

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey all, does this count as a log? I've been searching for an idea what the log might be. I have made several pages so far of the months we've been apart and talked on skype. (Far too much, I've just been skipping several days each conversation for this reason)

The black is our last names which I have hidden, and also I did not include any conversations in this. It's just logs of our names and dates.
Is this bad?

If this is not enough, when I submit the document, should I include the letters we sent or birthday/christmas cards for more proof then?

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
* Also, with the question above, does anyone know if you pay for the biometrics at the time of filling out online and how much they are?

I think you fill out the app online and then they'll send you information about the bio. Was just curious though!
The cost of the biometric appt. is included in the cost of the application. When you apply, you will be given options of where/when to schedule.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Hey all, does this count as a log? I've been searching for an idea what the log might be. I have made several pages so far of the months we've been apart and talked on skype. (Far too much, I've just been skipping several days each conversation for this reason)

The black is our last names which I have hidden, and also I did not include any conversations in this. It's just logs of our names and dates.
Is this bad?

If this is not enough, when I submit the document, should I include the letters we sent or birthday/christmas cards for more proof then?

This was the same type of Skype log I included, along with a few screen shots of email summaries and a log of WhatsAp messages. About 10-15 pages altogether covering about two years.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks Salix, thats good to know. I have tons of photos of our relationship together but I'm not good with logs since we span over four years of documents and I've only visited about five times. I might also include some birthday cards or valentines day, etc., since they are pretty small and can fit in the envelope easy I think. Or do you think the ten pages of skype logs will be adequate?

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
The Skype logs will be plenty and they won't even consider the cards. I'm not saying you'd do this, but it would be very easy to fill out half a dozen cards and present them as evidence in a sham relationship. So they are considered subjective.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.