Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Wondering if you would be able to help.

I am trying to complete a UK Visitor Visa application online for my mother in law who is visiting this december from Indonesia.

She does not have a family name, or a second name of any type. She is only known by a single name which is quite common with some Indonesians, and many people around the world.

However - when completing the online visa application, UKBA forms insist that you must provide a family name, and it MUST match with that shown in your passport.

You cannot progress from the screen without providing a name.

What do we do? How do we progress? To match her passport this must be left blank. If i put No Family Name - she will be known as Mrs No Family Name :-D

HELP. :eek:

·
Registered
39,079 Posts
This is a tricky one. All I can suggest is put her first name twice on online application, and make a correction in your printed-out copy with a note of explanation attached. I'm sure UKBA in Indonesia has come across this issue before.
So her passport only has one name?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers.

Yes, her passport shows just one name, as do all her identity documents. I have contacted UKBA but not holding out much hope for a reply.

I think first name twice is the only option too. I will let you know if UKBA say otherwise.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I have come acrossed some passengers from indonesia as i work for an airline with just one name and normally on bookings they put the name as surname and first name as title.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.