Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, i was wondering if you could help me with an enquiry, I am currently in the middle of applying for my wife's visa to come to the UK next month, I have two jobs that I work which have been for 12 months, one is full time and second I work part time. My question is that for my main full time job I earn £15,740 and for my part time £5,000 per year.

I know the threshold needs to be £1,550 per month i think however in January i got married and took unpaid leave as i didn't want to use all my hours up from my full time job, will this be a problem or can I write a letter stating why i didnt earn my wage for that month. The remainder months all meet the threshold, I hope somebody can reply and help me out. :)

·
Super Moderator
18,071 Posts
A covering letter won't make any difference. If you don't meet the requirement in one of the months you'll be refused. You'll have to wait until you have earned the required amount for 6 continuous months for Category A and then apply.

·
Registered
188 Posts
A covering letter won't make any difference. If you don't meet the requirement in one of the months you'll be refused. You'll have to wait until you have earned the required amount for 6 continuous months for Category A and then apply.
Its heart breaking these rules are merciless, no room for any flexibility. being british means nothing but a physiological torture:mad:

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
That's your opinion, not the government's. I remain politically neutral.
If you want to bring a non-EEA citizen to UK, like everyone else you have to observe all the rules.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After reading the posts that you guys have posted im going to apply on category b as this will be the best option, i started my full time job in april 2014 and my part time job in december 2014, so can I send my 12 months wage slips and 6 months slips from my part time, would this be ideal? In the 12 months my salary is over 18,600 hope ive got that correct!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi guys just a quick question if you can help me out, im looking to apply using category B for my wifes visa, now I have a full time job and a part time job, my full time job I started in April 2014 and have been there for 12months so my salary was £15,742 pa, i recently got a part time job in December 2014 and still employed there so 6 months part time and that is £5,000 pa would that fine when applying?

I hope somebody can reply!

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Let's see. You meet the first part of Cat B - being currently in jobs paying at least £18,600a year. To meet the second part, of having actually earned £18,600 in the last 12 months, you need 18600 - 15742 = £2,858 from your second job, which will take 7 months. As you started your second job in December, you need to wait till July before you can apply.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ah right i see can i use any other method to make that up i.e. cash savings because I got married in January and my family members gave me £18,500 as a wedding gift which I havent touched since Dec 2014, i forgot to mention in December 2014 was when the part time job payments were put into my account , I started my part time job in August 2014 officially, and have payslips confirming that. Can I also include them aswell or would I have to wait till July to apply

·
Registered
579 Posts
Its heart breaking these rules are merciless, no room for any flexibility. being british means nothing but a physiological torture:mad:
It was in the news today that new Immigration rules will be announced on 27th May.

I wonder if any of the changes will affect settlement visas, most probably will, making it even more challenging to meet requirements.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Not a detailed announcement but a line will be included in the Queen's Speech, which will say something like 'My government will make further changes to immigration rules to counter abuse and make UK an attractive place to invest.'

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Joopa regarding my previous post on page 1, i started my part time job in August 2014 and in December 2014 the monthly wage was put into my bank account so can I provide the 12 months slips from my full time job and 9 months slips from my part time job would that be okay overall then?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sorry my bad on that one, i was meant to write that in Dec 14 my PT wages was in my account, I started in Aug 14

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.