Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am new to this forum. In case my queries are already answered previously, please pardon me for duplication and point me to the old thread.

I recently got SkillSelect invitation (on 19-Aug-13) to apply for Skilled - Independent (Subclass 189) visa. Although the invitation letter details the process to apply, due to overwhelming information, I'm having difficulty in figuring out the right way lodging visa application. Please help answering below questions:

1. Can anyone give step-wise to-do's to apply for the visa?

2. I am already in middle of online application (that was started after i pressed 'apply visa' on SkillSelect). Do I need to arrange all scanned images of documents before I submit this application? I am not able to find out where to upload the documents.

3. Are medical examination and character certificates required before lodging above visa application?

4. Online application asks for intending state of migration. If I select any one of the states, can't I go to some other state at time of actual departure? Any idea on the best state for computer network professionals are welcomed.

5. Lastly, I claimed 60 points in EOI for 9.5yrs of experience, however assessing authority didn't include first 2yrs of experience for no valid reason, hence as per ACS letter, I have 7.5yrs. If DIAC considers ACS letter, my points get reduced to 55. Expert advice is needed if it is safe to claim 9.5yrs experience or should I leave the invitation to lapse (and try to improve IELTS score from 6 to 7). I have all valid documents to support 9.5yrs experience claim.

Regards
Jaay

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Hi

I am new to this forum. In case my queries are already answered previously, please pardon me for duplication and point me to the old thread.

I recently got SkillSelect invitation (on 19-Aug-13) to apply for Skilled - Independent (Subclass 189) visa. Although the invitation letter details the process to apply, due to overwhelming information, I'm having difficulty in figuring out the right way lodging visa application. Please help answering below questions:

2. I am already in middle of online application (that was started after i pressed 'apply visa' on SkillSelect). Do I need to arrange all scanned images of documents before I submit this application? I am not able to find out where to upload the documents.

3. Are medical examination and character certificates required before lodging above visa application?

4. Online application asks for intending state of migration. If I select any one of the states, can't I go to some other state at time of actual departure? Any idea on the best state for computer network professionals are welcomed.

5. Lastly, I claimed 60 points in EOI for 9.5yrs of experience, however assessing authority didn't include first 2yrs of experience for no valid reason, hence as per ACS letter, I have 7.5yrs. If DIAC considers ACS letter, my points get reduced to 55. Expert advice is needed if it is safe to claim 9.5yrs experience or should I leave the invitation to lapse (and try to improve IELTS score from 6 to 7). I have all valid documents to support 9.5yrs experience claim.

Regards
Jaay
Hello Jaay,

Few questions that I can answer is below.

This blog below gives you exact step by step procedure that you can follow.

Migrate to Australia: eVisa Information - Applying Australian Visa online

You need to make PDF files of all documents individually, as per the checklist of documents required. Remember, once you submit a document, you have no option to edit or delete. So be very careful once you upload a document. You have certain file limitations like naming conventions, file size etc. Please go through the below authentic information from immigration of Australia.

Attaching Documents to a General Skilled Migration Visa Online Application

Medical examination is last part of your application. You first need to create a user login as mentioned in above blog of step by step process, then update asked details, pay fees, then upload documents. Once you paid the fees, you have a provision to see medical link. You need to fill that form online which asks for some diseases and related information. Once you submit that, you get a hap ID. You need to print it while you go for your Medical examination. You also need to take the print of Form 26 and 160 while you go to Hospital. Form 26 and 160 are available in below link.

Application Forms – Numerical List – Forms 1 to 99

Character form is, Form 80, which again is available in above link. That you can fill, print, sign on 17th page and upload for every applicant of your application who are above 18 years old. (Remember, this PDF cannot be saved in machine directly. You need to use some Foxit reader/adobe reader if you want to save. However, you can type and print directly. You have special thread below for any questions on that Form 80.

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...ats-living-australia/157954-form-80-a-24.html

Hope you know how to obtain PCC and the details on it. You may want to obtain PCC for every country where you lived for 12 months or more and also your home country. You have separate thread that can help you on any info you need on that.

Other two questions, I don't have much idea, I leave it for others to address.

Best regards,
JR

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Hi

Regards
Jaay
You don't need any scanned copies while completing your e-visa application.........once your payment gets cleared......you will be given 28 days to upload all required documents.........

Once your e-visa docs upload section activated........you find information about your medicals at "Organize your health" link.

If you are applying for 189........no issues.......

You can claim total of 9.5 years........If you have all supporting docs......for the experience your claim

Cheers

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the answers, they really helped. Would appreciate if below questions are replied too.

1. Any option to charge the credit card twice to make the payment (in case of short limit on the card)?

2. All documents to be uploaded should be notarized or original colored scanned documents can be uploaded without notarization?

3. I've Oct deadline to submit visa application (got invite on 60 points in Aug). My age will cross the threshold in Nov where my points will reduce. Will CO consider my points when I got EOI invitation (as of Aug) or will he consider points when I submit visa application or ... ?

Regards
Jaay

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Thanks for the answers, they really helped. Would appreciate if below questions are replied too.

1. Any option to charge the credit card twice to make the payment (in case of short limit on the card)?

2. All documents to be uploaded should be notarized or original colored scanned documents can be uploaded without notarization?

3. I've Oct deadline to submit visa application (got invite on 60 points in Aug). My age will cross the threshold in Nov where my points will reduce. Will CO consider my points when I got EOI invitation (as of Aug) or will he consider points when I submit visa application or ... ?

Regards
Jaay
1.No.....you need to pay in a single transaction
2.Scanned color copies or notarized copies......are accepted.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Dear friends,
I have received the invite. I have 2.10 years of experience and not claiming any points at the moment.However,by the time CO is allocated to me,I will finish 3 years of experience.Further,I do not intend any points for work experience in future.however,I am still obliged to inform CO of 3 years work experience completion or update the same in EOI or E-VISA.?

Please advice

·
Registered
95 Posts
Is there a way I can delete a document and upload in Skillselect. I accidentally uploaded my ex-emp 2 's ref as ex-emp 3 ref. Later I uploaded correctly. Now that one file is hanging unnecessarily, although the title and description are correct. how to rectify this or should I just notify the CO?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Is there a way I can delete a document and upload in Skillselect. I accidentally uploaded my ex-emp 2 's ref as ex-emp 3 ref. Later I uploaded correctly. Now that one file is hanging unnecessarily, although the title and description are correct. how to rectify this or should I just notify the CO?
You can not deleted uploaded file. Upon CO allocation, tell them and they will understand..they are so kind.
If you already have CO, send them correct document with proper name and tell them to consider your error..

Good Luck

akshay

·
Registered
95 Posts
thanks Akshay

I am applying under 190. In FOrm 26 and 160 , for my dependents (spouse & child) what should be mentioned as VISA Subclass and Name of the visa??

·
Registered
95 Posts
You can not deleted uploaded file. Upon CO allocation, tell them and they will understand..they are so kind.
If you already have CO, send them correct document with proper name and tell them to consider your error..

Good Luck

akshay
thanks Akshay

I am applying under 190. In FOrm 26 and 160 , for my dependents (spouse & child) what should be mentioned as VISA Subclass and Name of the visa??

·
Registered
585 Posts
thanks Akshay

If you are going through e medical, then you do not need to fill form 26 and 160. It will be uploaded by hospital.

Visa subclass 190, skilled sponsored..

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Too gud reply JR.... Thanks for the brief info. All u guys are def. helping the newcomers in many ways.... Thanks again. Tc.
Helping others brings me smile and pleasure and I feel satisfied :) Thank you for your kind words :)

Please share your knowledge that you accumulate too to the juniors :)

All the best.

Best regards,
JR

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hi

Regards
Jaay
Hi Jaay,
Trying to reply to your remaining questions.

4. No one would be stopping you at the point of entry, if you are actually entering Australia in another state than who nominated you for your 190. That is not a condition of entry. This measure is more of where you will be settling down, and starting to work. That is the time when the state starts gaining from your stay, and by way of your taxes. so in case you are planning an initial entry to australia, by maybe visiting friend/relative for a week, feel free to do the same at any of the states, without even needing to go to your nominating state. But in case you are planning to start a job/settle down, then definitely plan for the state which nominated you. in case you try, and cannot find a job for 6months-1 year, the state can be approached if you show you can find a job in another state. they hardly refuse you in that case.

5. yes, the CO will probably reduce your points, and your application will be rejected if you proceed with this application. this forum itself states a few such cases where there are serious issues when the CO is assigned. do not get into such problems/headaches in the very start of your application process. I would suggest you to let this invi expire, and retry with a higher IELTS score. trust me, the process itself will give you enough sleepless nights, you can certainly do with 1 less reason for the same. and I hope you are aware of the risk of getting an application cancelled? if the CO feels the mistake was intentional, your visa fees will not be refunded, and you will not be able to apply for another 2 years. So take the safe option, my friend.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sorry for this question. i am also applying for the visa and i was wondering on the Job part of the application is has an option that you will provide the description of the job. What do you need to put here? Isnt that all details will be on the COE to be uploaded? And of you will be putting all the details on the COE to the online application, I dont think 300 words would be enough. Any advise? Is short description would be enough, and just mention that all details will be on COE?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Helping others brings me smile and pleasure and I feel satisfied :) Thank you for your kind words :)

Please share your knowledge that you accumulate too to the juniors :)

All the best.

Best regards,
JR

Hello JR,
hope you are doing well. Thnx for all ur earlier comments/time. I need some help to understand the points system.

I have read the rules of points system & currently hold 65 points (Age- 30 points + IELTS 10 points -- score of 7 & above in each section + 10 points -- for 6.5 yrs overseas exp. + 15 points -- overseas Engineering Degree Course)
I am about to lodge an EOI. But the job code I am eligible does not fall in SOL but it falls under CSOL. As per my understanding, if the job code is located in CSOL, an applicant has to go for 190 visa (State Sponsorship). If I get a State Sponsorship, my total points will be 70.
My questions are, as I already hold 65 points now,
1. Do I still need to go to each state's website & apply for their State Sponsorship (only after which my visa will be granted)?

2.What if a State like Western Australia OR Tasmania provides me a SS? Without rejecting their SS, Can I still wait for NSW, Victoria, Qns reply?

3. Also, am I still in obligation to spend 2 yrs in that state, bcoz I hardly needed their 5 points & I am already at 65 points?

4. If State Sponsorship is must bcoz my job code falls in CSOL, can I apply to NSW, Victoria, Qnsland, ACT & South Aus. all at a time & wait for the best one to sponsor? But that's gonna be time consuming. Can you suggest any alternative?

Thanks & Regards.
Wana Fly.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi Friends,

I had applied for South Australia in April and I got an approval from them on May 1st 2014. Thereafter I got a mail from DIAC saying the approval is valid for 60 days. At that moment I decided to wait for NSW to open up and hence I did not take it up. Now I wish to apply for South Australia again as a back up just in case NSW does not open up for my particular job code on July 14th. Hence I checked my status on the South Australia immigration site and it still shows that my application was approved. I am confused whether I can still use that application to go further even though it's been more than 60 days or I'll have to go ahead and apply again.

Pls suggest..

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi Friends, I had applied for South Australia in April and I got an approval from them on May 1st 2014. Thereafter I got a mail from DIAC saying the approval is valid for 60 days. At that moment I decided to wait for NSW to open up and hence I did not take it up. Now I wish to apply for South Australia again as a back up just in case NSW does not open up for my particular job code on July 14th. Hence I checked my status on the South Australia immigration site and it still shows that my application was approved. I am confused whether I can still use that application to go further even though it's been more than 60 days or I'll have to go ahead and apply again. Pls suggest..
Seniors pls suggest

·
Registered
86 Posts
Dear Friends
Greetings!!!
My Occ. - 141111. I had applied for State Sponsorship for NT (Subclass 489 Visa). Got an invite today saying that I can apply for the visa through EOI. Now what steps should I do and the following points to remember? What are the do's & don'ts? What questions should I be ready for???

Kindly reply at the earliest....
Thanks & Best Regards

·
Registered
9 Posts

Regards
Jaay

Hello Jaay,

I'm in a similar situation as you've stated in point 5, please if you could share the next steps you followed. Did you go ahead with the application as is and were granted a visa.
Any help/guidance.

Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
5. yes, the CO will probably reduce your points, and your application will be rejected if you proceed with this application. this forum itself states a few such cases where there are serious issues when the CO is assigned. do not get into such problems/headaches in the very start of your application process. I would suggest you to let this invi expire, and retry with a higher IELTS score. trust me, the process itself will give you enough sleepless nights, you can certainly do with 1 less reason for the same. and I hope you are aware of the risk of getting an application cancelled? if the CO feels the mistake was intentional, your visa fees will not be refunded, and you will not be able to apply for another 2 years. So take the safe option, my friend.

Hi,

I'm also in a similar situation as Jaay has mentioned. Is it sure scenario, since on some the threads on the forum say that CO and DIAC considers the entire experience if the assesment letters has listed the entire work ex and have not specifically mentioned the experience as not acceptable.
While on some threads it is suggested not to take the application forward as it will jeopardise the application and fees.

Please suggest.

Thanks

1 - 20 of 38 Posts