Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all can anyone answer my question RE: Passport and Visa application.

My husband is a permanant resident in Australia and has been for almost thirty yrs he no longer knows where or when he last saw his British Passport. I have been told that he has to apply for a British passport as well as a lost passport form does anyone know how long this takes. Also is there any way of getting his passport number so I can apply for my Visa before his passport arrives. If I wait for his passport and then do my visa and wait for that then give notice at work I will be cutting it close to get my daughter into school in time for the new school year.

My second question is for anyone who has applied for a settlement visa. My settlement visa states that I have to put down where I work and my employers details and email address. I don't want my employer knowing that I am applying for a visa yet just incase I am denied. I need my job if I am denied a visa and if they find out they may replace me.

Any help would be appreciated :D

·
Super Moderator
18,066 Posts
Also is there any way of getting his passport number so I can apply for my Visa before his passport arrives.
One of the documents you need to provide is a copy of your husband's passport so this doesn't seem possible.

·
Registered
39,085 Posts
Hi all can anyone answer my question RE: Passport and Visa application.

My husband is a permanant resident in Australia and has been for almost thirty yrs he no longer knows where or when he last saw his British Passport. I have been told that he has to apply for a British passport as well as a lost passport form does anyone know how long this takes. Also is there any way of getting his passport number so I can apply for my Visa before his passport arrives. If I wait for his passport and then do my visa and wait for that then give notice at work I will be cutting it close to get my daughter into school in time for the new school year.
There is no need to declare as lost an expired passport. So just apply for a new passport as first applicant. It can take longer than usual, but should be within 4-6 weeks. You are too late for normal entry into a school (i.e. start of Reception/Year 1 for primary and Year 7 for secondary), as deadline for application is around Oct to January. So you will be treated as late or casual entry in any case - you just have to ring around schools to find one with a spare place. This can be done right to the end of summer term, which ends around the 3rd week of July.

My second question is for anyone who has applied for a settlement visa. My settlement visa states that I have to put down where I work and my employers details and email address. I don't want my employer knowing that I am applying for a visa yet just incase I am denied. I need my job if I am denied a visa and if they find out they may replace me.
You have to give your employment details or your visa may be denied for non-disclosure of material facts. While the UKBA don't normally contact employer direct for verification, you can't count on it and you have given them implied consent by the very act of making a visa application.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.