Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys,

What are my options if my current temporary work visa is about to expire and I haven't yet received my invitation for 189 permanent visa? I don't wish to leave the country at the moment.

Please advise.

Any help will be much appreciated.

·
Registered
23,934 Posts
Hi Guys,

What are my options if my current temporary work visa is about to expire and I haven't yet received my invitation for 189 permanent visa? I don't wish to leave the country at the moment.

Please advise.

Any help will be much appreciated.
Look for another temporary visa

You will get no relief just because you have filed an EOI for 189

Had you been invited and you would have lodged an application. Then you were eligible for a bridging visa.
But not only with an EOI
When are you expecting an invite undernthe EOI ?
What's your Anzsco code and points table ?

You will surely have some grace period to leave the country even after your present visa expires.
Will you not get the invite by then ?

Cheers

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Look for another temporary visa

You will get no relief just because you have filed an EOI for 189

Had you been invited and you would have lodged an application. Then you were eligible for a bridging visa.
But not only with an EOI
When are you expecting an invite undernthe EOI ?
What's your Anzsco code and points table ?

You will surely have some grace period to leave the country even after your present visa expires.
Will you not get the invite by then ?

Cheers
Yes I am aware that it's no use until I get an invitation, that's why i raised this question. Would you know what temporary options do I have available and which is the easiest one just to extend my stay for a couple of months?

·
Registered
23,934 Posts
Yes I am aware that it's no use until I get an invitation, that's why i raised this question. Would you know what temporary options do I have available and which is the easiest one just to extend my stay for a couple of months?
You want advice and yet give no details about yourself

I am sorry

Cheers

·
Registered
23,934 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Please read my initial response

Cheers
I cannot believe how I missed that, even after quoting your response. Here are the answers to your questions:

My ANZSCO code is: 261312 (Developer Programmer)

Sorry I don't understand what's points table? Minimum points to get an invite within next 3-4 rounds is 65 (my friends have got it). I submitted my EOI in the end of April 2017.

Also, I am not sure about grace period. According to my knowledge, you have to leave the country no later than the last day of your visa expiry.

Thanks.

·
Registered
23,934 Posts
I cannot believe how I missed that, even after quoting your response. Here are the answers to your questions:

My ANZSCO code is: 261312 (Developer Programmer)

Sorry I don't understand what's points table? Minimum points to get an invite within next 3-4 rounds is 65 (my friends have got it). I submitted my EOI in the end of April 2017.

Also, I am not sure about grace period. According to my knowledge, you have to leave the country no later than the last day of your visa expiry.

Thanks.
How many points have you got ?
Which visa are you on presently ?
When does it expire ?

Cheers

·
Registered
23,934 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
You can apply visitor visa for 3 months few days before your visa expired on September.

Borrow some money and get bank statements and apply. Visitor visa will be granted within 2business days

·
Registered
23,934 Posts

·
Registered
23,934 Posts
You can apply visitor visa for 3 months few days before your visa expired on September.

Borrow some money and get bank statements and apply. Visitor visa will be granted within 2business days
He will not be able to work on a visitor visa
Dont know how important that is for him

Cheers

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

That might be one thing to do but I won't be able to work on visitor visa.

·
Registered
23,934 Posts
Alright. If you think 457 seems to be an option, then I will look into it. Thanks much for your help.

Any more suggestions are most welcomed and appreciated.
457 is taking a lot of time in processing now a days.
Start the process immediately.
First the employer has to take the approval and then you have to apply. Its a 2 part process.

Cheers

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
457 is taking a lot of time in processing now a days.
Start the process immediately.
First the employer has to take the approval and then you have to apply. Its a 2 part process.

Cheers
Do you know how long it takes for each of the parts to be processed? And presumably I won't get a bridging visa UNTIL I have done the second part (Submitting my application) ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
That might be one thing to do but I won't be able to work on visitor visa.
Talk nicely to employer and explain your situation. They would happy for not making payslip. Otherwise, stop working for a while then

·
Registered
23,934 Posts
Do you know how long it takes for each of the parts to be processed? And presumably I won't get a bridging visa UNTIL I have done the second part (Submitting my application) ?
Most companies go through a MARA Agent for 457 Visa processing.

I am not sure how much time the Employer approval will Take.

Have a preliminary discussion with your employer.
In all likelihood they would also engage a MARA agent to complete the process
If so, you can get all the details from them

Cheers

1 - 20 of 21 Posts