Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I will be applying visa 176 soon, my intention is to bring one of my parent to Australia along with me, I see there are very thin chances to show my parents are my dependent as they have married + pension.

I am only one of the 3 brothers and will be only one applying permanent visa, thus I am not eligible to apply for parent visa either.

I have searched on google for other options and found Sponsored Family Visa Subclass 679, even this has condition that I should be settled in Australia for two years at least.

Is is possible to apply for visitor visa 676 consecutively for my parents to stay with me?Is there any other option?

please guide.

regards, tajinder

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
I know how you feel since I couldn't get my parents into Australia easily (it would still take 2+ years) and in the end they decided to stay in the UK.

Tourist Visa (Subclass 676)
Repeat visits and long stays

This visa is designed only to allow temporary travel to Australia for tourism purposes or to visit family and friends. It cannot be used for long-term stays or residence. To be eligible for a further Tourist visa in the future, you must maintain extended periods of time outside of Australia.

So yes you can have repeat visas but they have to leave the country for 'extended periods'.

Sorry I don't know of a solution for this.

Regards,
Karen

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.