Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm going to apply visa 485, Post-study work. The thing is that I stayed in Japan nearly one year, from 20/11/2007 to 17/11/2008. Do I need to get Japan Police check for that period.
And if I want to get the police check, they will ask me to show the reason. I'm wondering if they accept the document checklist for 485 visa, which include requirement of police check.

The time to get the police check is from 2 to 3 months, I don't want to wait until the immi asks me for that as I may not have enough time to get one.

What should I do in this situation?
Thanks,

·
Registered
577 Posts
Hi all,

I'm going to apply visa 485, Post-study work. The thing is that I stayed in Japan nearly one year, from 20/11/2007 to 17/11/2008. Do I need to get Japan Police check for that period.
And if I want to get the police check, they will ask me to show the reason. I'm wondering if they accept the document checklist for 485 visa, which include requirement of police check.

The time to get the police check is from 2 to 3 months, I don't want to wait until the immi asks me for that as I may not have enough time to get one.

What should I do in this situation?
Thanks,
Since its almost a year, the CO may ask for the PCC; its entirely at their discretion. You can proactively obtain the PCC to save some time. Yes they require a document showing the necessity for requesting the PCC. Contact them to ask whether the checklist is a sufficient enough evidence.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.