Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pakistan is recently added in Washington accord signatories. PEC is now fully accredited by Washington accord and according to my university and PEC, my degree is also recognised by Washington accord but there is no specific stamp of Washington accord on my degree.
I want to know whether I am eligible for visa 476 or not. It's a confusion as this is the first time PEC is recognised this year so no agents even knows about this.
Can anyone help me out and tell me briefly if I am eligible or not?
Should I apply For it or not?
What will be the consequences if it is rejected? Because I want to go for study as well.
Will the rejection of this visa effect my student visa applications after that?
Or should I directly apply for the student visa and by pass this 476 as it is a confusion for now
Kindly guide briefly
Thank you

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Pakistan is recently added in Washington accord signatories. PEC is now fully accredited by Washington accord and according to my university and PEC, my degree is also recognised by Washington accord but there is no specific stamp of Washington accord on my degree.
I want to know whether I am eligible for visa 476 or not. It's a confusion as this is the first time PEC is recognised this year so no agents even knows about this.
Can anyone help me out and tell me briefly if I am eligible or not?
Should I apply For it or not?
What will be the consequences if it is rejected? Because I want to go for study as well.
Will the rejection of this visa effect my student visa applications after that?
Or should I directly apply for the student visa and by pass this 476 as it is a confusion for now
Kindly guide briefly
Thank you
If your degree is Washington Accord, then you are eligible for 476 visa. I am not sure about any Washington Accord stamp as I haven't seen on any degree from either Australia or UK. Only Engineering Council or EA is mentioned. In your case PEC should be mentioned. If in worry, get a letter from PEC certifying your degree is Washington Accord.

Can't answer about the implication of 476 refusal. But in any case, 476 visa is very cheap and no need to show exaggerated amount of financial proof like in student visa.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts