Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the prospects for 475 visa? your input please.

Hi,

I know the questions that I am going to ask may sounds redundant, but I hope those who can contribute could help as I am one of those did not engage agent for application submission and have submitted 475 (sponsored by cousin in Adelaide) in Aug 2009 all by my own.

Unsertand this is a temp visa, which i need to stay in SA for 2 years out of 3 years and I must work at least 12 months out of the 2 years stay. I can only apply for PR after 2nd year.

Questions:

1) Are the employers in SA open with the idea of employing who are on temp visa?

2) I read from somewhere that I would need to ask employer to sponsor after I am qualify to apply for PR? Does it mean that I have to be employed when I have stayed 2 years in SA before submitting my application? or how would it work.

3) I will be there with my husband and a 5 year old boy (hopefully visa is granted by then). Heard from an migration agent previously that SA government provide free education for children (except paying for some misc fees). Is that true?

4) How easy/difficult for a temp visa holder (475) to secure a housing loan or even car loan? Has any of 475 holder has manage to secure a loan, may be you could share your experience?

5) Is it advisable to buy a property there (FIRB approved) before migrating? Are we only restricted to buy appartment or we can buy landed as long as they are FIRB approved.

6) PCC - Is it compulsary for all applicants to submit PCC? both my husband and I have stayed in both UK and Malaysia for more than 12 months before. Could we request it now and send to DIAC?

7) Medical report - I have made a mistake by getting whole family to do medical report shortly after launching the application. May I know what is the validity of the medical report? do we have to re-do the medical checkout?

8) Lastly, am I allow to switch form 475 to 176 visa if my 12 months of work experience (out of 24 months) is not from the same job but both are in SOL previously? (9 months as librarian and 3 months as IT professional) shen I submitted the application? consulted 1 agent before and was told that I must work i n the same job for 12 month if I want to get state sponsorship. is that right?

Thanks so much to all of you in advance.

regards,
Michelle

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi i am sarmi from nepal currently in student dependent visa
i am civil engineer already asses by engineer australia for migration purpose
i got state sponser from WA
i had applied for visa 475 subclass in 12 may 2012 and havenot got any response
my student dependent visa will end on march 15 march 2013
my husband study will finished on end of june 2012
so how long will it take me to get response from diac and if not get replied by end of june whatwould be the better option after june
if i got the 475 visa i will be able to stay in sydney (currently in sydney NSW)
under 475
when it will be activated after student visa or as soon as i got that
i had lodge my application online for 475
shall i have to submited my doc through post as well
i will be so thank ful if some ome answer my thread
thanks in advance

·
Registered
278 Posts
Hope u will be assigned CO very soon, u have enough time for approval of ur 475 visa.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I think u can stay in Sydney as far as ur student visa is valid and u have not activated ur 475 visa.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Have u been assigned TRN and the same u have intimated to WA-State ?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thanks kindly for your response Can I stay in Sydney after activation of 475 if yes then how long
I have another query
I lodge my application online is it necessary to sent my docs through post
Plz help me if u guys are known

·
Registered
161 Posts
Thanks kindly for your response Can I stay in Sydney after activation of 475 if yes then how long
I have another query
I lodge my application online is it necessary to sent my docs through post
Plz help me if u guys are known
For an online application all docs are uploaded...no need to send them by post...

well u can stay in sydney but remember that 475 has conditions
1. Stay in regional area for 2 years( in ur case WA's)
2. work for 1 year atleast during this staty in regional area.

if u stay long in Sydney u will make it difficult for u to meet these obligations.

·
Registered
279 Posts
For an online application all docs are uploaded...no need to send them by post...

well u can stay in sydney but remember that 475 has conditions
1. Stay in regional area for 2 years( in ur case WA's)
2. work for 1 year atleast during this staty in regional area.

if u stay long in Sydney u will make it difficult for u to meet these obligations.
Hi ,

I was recently granted 475 visa (Victoria) and currently in melbourne .
I have one question related to work obligation of 1 yr . I am currently having tough time getting job in my profile . Can i work in some other job ?.

Does that 1 year work obligation says i need to work only in the nominated occupation? . Please advice .

·
Registered
550 Posts
imrancrest said:
Hi ,

I was recently granted 475 visa (Victoria) and currently in melbourne .
I have one question related to work obligation of 1 yr . I am currently having tough time getting job in my profile . Can i work in some other job ?.

Does that 1 year work obligation says i need to work only in the nominated occupation? . Please advice .
Hi imrancrest,
I don't know the answer but I wanted to ask you- are you saying getting an ICT job in Melbourne is turning out to be tough for you? Are the jobs available less?

Sent from my iPad using ExpatForum

·
Registered
279 Posts
Hi imrancrest,
I don't know the answer but I wanted to ask you- are you saying getting an ICT job in Melbourne is turning out to be tough for you? Are the jobs available less?

Its been 10 days im here and havent got any actual interview calls . Currently the market is in bad shape and less no of jobs thats what people said. I guess its just matter of time to get one.

·
Registered
550 Posts
imrancrest said:
Its been 10 days im here and havent got any actual interview calls . Currently the market is in bad shape and less no of jobs thats what people said. I guess its just matter of time to get one.
That's not a good news. Keep us posted. Also, normally I hear that one has to wait for close to 2 months for a job.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Its not necessary to get job in ur profession. u can do any work including self-work. the only thing is that u shud be working 35 hrs a week to call it a work day.

More over keep searching job.,... ppl take 2-3 months to get their field job.. prepare ur CV as per the Job advertised . whch means every cv will be different then prvs job cv...this will help

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi every one according to diac website by 31 may 2012 CO will assign for state and regional sponser but I had applied on 12 may 2012 I havenot ask for any medical and Pcc if someone has similar case can u share with me plz I applied for 475 WA

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hi every one according to diac website by 31 may 2012 CO will assign for state and regional sponser but I had applied on 12 may 2012 I havenot ask for any medical and Pcc if someone has similar case can u share with me plz I applied for 475 WA
That is for People who are in Cat-5 SS waiting since 2009 & still not assigned any CO.

I believe u r Cat-3 WA SS 475, which is usually 4weeks from Application date.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Will anyone tell me that is there any chance that visa won't successful after medical and Pcc
How long does visa grant will take after medical and Pcc talking about WA SS 475 visa
Will someone share your feelings plzzzzzzz

·
Registered
160 Posts
Will anyone tell me that is there any chance that visa won't successful after medical and Pcc
How long does visa grant will take after medical and Pcc talking about WA SS 475 visa
Will someone share your feelings plzzzzzzz

If your Med & PCC was requested by CO and case is not sent for further Checks, Grant can come anytime after u complete submission of MED & PCC. Generally Online is faster

Cheers!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Il be moving to Melbourne on the 29th of June. Im assessed as engineering trchnologist but I have 6years food manufacturing experience as production engineer here in Philippines. Are there many food processing plants in melbourne?

Sent from my iPhone using ExpatForum

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi guys I did my medical and Pcc now how long it take for visa grant
Is there a chances of getting civil engineering job in southwest Kimberley and pilbara as I had applied for 475 SS I need to stay in these place and do 1 year full time work is it possible to get engineering job in this place what about the salary I am 5 yrs experience female civil engineer specialized in civil estimating works
Can someone help me plz ?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hi forum

I am waiting for my EA result in coming days and just got my ILETS result ,unfortunately did not score 7 each

I am having 55 points ( off-course with + skill assessment )

Now my question to all seniors out here is ,will I be eligible to apply 475 visa in coming skill select rule without 7 each in ILETS ???

If yes ,which state/reason should I choose as I am mechanical engineer with 5 yrs of plant maintenance exp.

Thanks in advance for reply

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi guys I did my medical and Pcc now how long it take for visa grant
Is there a chances of getting civil engineering job in southwest Kimberley and pilbara as I had applied for 475 SS I need to stay in these place and do 1 year full time work is it possible to get engineering job in this place what about the salary I am 5 yrs experience female civil engineer specialized in civil estimating works
Can someone help me plz ?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.