Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello friends,
My wife and I have been offered jobs by one of the consulting firms in Sydney. The company is ready to sponsor our 457 visas. I have some queries for which I am seeking clarifications

1. The company is offering a permanent role to my wife (as Junior Business Dev Manager) and I have been offered a contract role as a SAP Project Manager. While we were ok with my wife's permanent profile, we are a bit concerned about my profile (since it's a contract position).
If the company suddenly decides not to pursue with the contract after a few months,
a) Can I apply for a sponsorship from another company?
b) Will I have to re-apply for a 457 visa with the other company?
c) Can I not use the same 457 to find another job?
d) Can I not stay there for more than 28 days since my wife will anyway be working?
e) Can we both apply for PR immediately after landing in Australia?

2. For my profile as a Project Manager (with overall experience of 10 years), how much should I negotiate my remuneration?
a) If contract role, how much?
b) If permanent role, how much?

3. We have a 18 month old daughter. What are the risks I'll be taking if we move there with our daughter - can I cover her with medical insurance? How much would a complete medical insurance cost for a family of 3?

Please help me with my queries.

Cheers
Anoop

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Hi:

a. Yes, you can also become a secondary applicant on your wifes 457 and then work in any company in AU as long as she has a valid 457.
b. Yes if you want your own independent 457, otherwise No if you go on your wifes 457
c. No
d. I have heard DIAC is flexible with the 28 days, however they could always enforce it strictly.
e. Yes

a. Depends on city and specific skillset
b. Again depends on city and specific skillset

Check seek.com.au and careerone.com.au for typical salaries.

Hello friends,
My wife and I have been offered jobs by one of the consulting firms in Sydney. The company is ready to sponsor our 457 visas. I have some queries for which I am seeking clarifications

1. The company is offering a permanent role to my wife (as Junior Business Dev Manager) and I have been offered a contract role as a SAP Project Manager. While we were ok with my wife's permanent profile, we are a bit concerned about my profile (since it's a contract position).
If the company suddenly decides not to pursue with the contract after a few months,
a) Can I apply for a sponsorship from another company?
b) Will I have to re-apply for a 457 visa with the other company?
c) Can I not use the same 457 to find another job?
d) Can I not stay there for more than 28 days since my wife will anyway be working?
e) Can we both apply for PR immediately after landing in Australia?

2. For my profile as a Project Manager (with overall experience of 10 years), how much should I negotiate my remuneration?
a) If contract role, how much?
b) If permanent role, how much?

3. We have a 18 month old daughter. What are the risks I'll be taking if we move there with our daughter - can I cover her with medical insurance? How much would a complete medical insurance cost for a family of 3?

Please help me with my queries.

Cheers
Anoop

1 - 2 of 2 Posts